Chess piece carved from a Williams cleaner

Hiker

Nov 30, 2008
Newnan, GA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I done did a little digging at some earthworks south of Atlanta this weekend with my buddy Michael T. I found a neat chess piece carved from a Williams cleaner. They used the pin as the base and the bullet is carved to look like a castle. It is pressed onto the pin and the pin is smashed down like a rivet to hold it all together. Now, like most of you, I have dug several carved bullets, but, for some reason this one is wicked cool to me, I thought that i would share it with all yall.

chess piece 1.jpg
Chess piece 2.jpg
Chess piece 3.jpg

Upvote 13

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hiker, Great find on the chess game piece (carved Cleaner bullet) I used to hunt parts of Atlanta years ago back in the 80's, but I'm afraid I'd be a chalk outline on the pavement today. It's a shame too. Sickening. There is still a lot of History left.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I done did a little digging at some earthworks south of Atlanta this weekend with my buddy Michael T. I found a neat chess piece carved from a Williams cleaner. They used the pin as the base and the bullet is carved to look like a castle. It is pressed onto the pin and the pin is smashed down like a rivet to hold it all together. Now, like most of you, I have dug several carved bullets, but, for some reason this one is wicked cool to me, I thought that i would share it with all yall.

View attachment 1993873 View attachment 1993874 View attachment 1993875
Nice!! Congrats!!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love carved bullets! Congratulations!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

interesting find, i've never seen one before, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread