Civil War Buttons, War of 1812 Buttons, and a Bullet... GOT MY FIRST BACK!!!

• Thread starter SouthCarolinaTeacher
  • Start date
S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Hey Guys and Gals,

Ever since I sold my first Civil War Relic find, which was a N.M.C. Cadet Button($1000), I have been kicking myself in the rear.

Today I got out with drdave and Books-r-Ashlie over at the White's Forum for a couple of hours. It was CHILLY and I after seeing both of them head back to the house, I was about to change my course and head back myself. Instead, I hit my old N.M.C. spot once more that I have hit HARD! I got a decent hit, about +40-+50 at 5 inches down. Dug my plug and just on the outer wall, I spotted a green streak. I knew it was a button and I had a pretty good hunch it was a N.M.C. Button. Got it home and got her cleaned off and Yoila! I was so excited to get that type of button back into my collection. Toadman was right. He said, "Check about 10 ft to the left and 20 ft back. There's another one there!" Pretty close to the old one; about 5ft away Smiley

ALSO, I dug a SMALL cuff button. I got it home and looked at it under a magnifying glass and it displayed to me a 1812 Artillery Cuff which is my first for that war! If you look at the pictures, you can make out a cannon. Just find the circle, which is the wheel. The barrel is on top of the wheel.

Along with those awesome finds, I was able to grab a great 3-Ringer and a Large Flat Button. Not bad for a couple of hours 8)

Happy Hunting,
Ian

Attachments

• ians finds 002.jpg
    ians finds 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5,866
  • ians finds 004.jpg
    ians finds 004.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5,579
  • ians finds 003.jpg
    ians finds 003.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5,151
Upvote 1

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Re: Civil War Buttons, War of 1812 Buttons, and a Bullet... GOT MY FIRST BACK!!

Gee wiz...you've found like 20% of the known buttons of this type! Awesome!

Great to hear that you got the one you've been chasing (your white whale?).

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Have fun,
Salvager

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, Ian. A remarkable find. ;D

;) RR

T

tennessee hawk

Hello S.C.T.! I'm TENNESSEE HAWK and I just joined tonight. I have been relic hunting since1978. I got to say I sold all my relic's several years ago, and I been sick ever since. I just started back hunting last September and have really built a nice collection in a short time. I have part of my stuff on the photo-bucket website mentioned in my first post. I will add more later. I really enjoyed watching your videos. And I am really glad for you to find that button. I have replaced several finds since I started back hunting, and I will never sell anything I find again. I have two grandchildren now, and another one on the way, I want them to have some history that their Grandpappy found! Holler at me sometime.
TENNESSEE HAWK :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, Ian! 8) How did I miss this post!?! Super finds!!!!! :o

Many congrats! Nana :)

Major William Brown

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2011
Have you ever tried cleaning up your NMC button? I would do it for free (just give me enough money for return postage) for you since I enjoy that sort of thing. I specialize in school buttons and have gotten quite good at restoring them. Regards, Major William Brown, contributing editor to North-South Trader's CW magazine (last article I did is in the current issue)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to this poster? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions