Civil war what a travesty and needless deaths

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks it’s not a lesson learned, heck it’s rarely discussed and young people should never forget, heck how can they forget when they have no idea, truth be told, the stinking think tanks should be ashamed this isn’t mandatory why because it’s our distant relatives dead bones scattered and never recovered. So dam sad it bothers me, we simply should do whatever means necessary to teach this , say in a monthly meeting. these Lives matter, never got honorable burial just rotted away, dam disgusting. Well what we think we no is a small fraction and I’m certainly a person that believed half of what I read. far western Pennsylvania had very little activity I think, I mean the war of 1812 has early settlers residing along the rivers even around here farm the land. There are many relics in the ground corrosion away. I wish I could sit down with a person and interview that’s would be my bucket lister that will never happen, any YouTube channel that gives honest and accurate description on such. Boy I just can’t imagine killing your own brothers, nothing compared to that even today. Sadly America has failed miserably and my visits to cemetery remind me of the waste of lives. To understand today you must understand yesterday, 200 years ago isn’t to many generations folks.

Upvote 9

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was in high school (the 80's) my history teacher, David Zimmer, was a civil war reenactor and gave guided tours out to Gettysburg and what not. I'd say over half our history lessons were always on the Civil War. I didn't appreciate it as much as i do now though since i was so young. That's the problem with history, sometimes you don't appreciate it until you're older.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the totality of it all, didnt have much chance then. Eyes missing, arms, legs. Waste of life

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the same thing happening in our near future. The storming of the capitol on January 6th by trumps supporters was only the beginning. I fear it will get much worse before long.

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My great great grandfather was a courier for the CSA in Miss.
He enlisted at 16 saying he was 18, anyways a troop of Yankees came upon
him in the Greenwood, MS area, let him go but stole his mule.
And, I never say anyone "died in vain", every life had a purpose, beyond what we know.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Steve..amazing how the dozens of destructive riots, and tens of millions in damage done is swept under the rug, and a few idiots on Jan 6th are suddenly the problem. Think about it.

Site rules prohibit political discussion, so I suggest we let this one go.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate all your comments really important your great grandparents lived a hard life and sacrifice they made should be told. Thankyou this is history nothing political your stories are very real and we should want to no, thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread will be moved to politics because of political replies.

51code3

Jan 12, 2022
Florida-South/Central & North East areas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 w/6"+11" Coils
CKG Carbon Fiber 2-piece shaft
CKG scoop w/Carbon Fiber shaft
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks it’s not a lesson learned, heck it’s rarely discussed and young people should never forget, heck how can they forget when they have no idea, truth be told, the stinking think tanks should be ashamed this isn’t mandatory why because it’s our distant relatives dead bones scattered and never recovered. So dam sad it bothers me, we simply should do whatever means necessary to teach this , say in a monthly meeting. these Lives matter, never got honorable burial just rotted away, dam disgusting. Well what we think we no is a small fraction and I’m certainly a person that believed half of what I read. far western Pennsylvania had very little activity I think, I mean the war of 1812 has early settlers residing along the rivers even around here farm the land. There are many relics in the ground corrosion away. I wish I could sit down with a person and interview that’s would be my bucket lister that will never happen, any YouTube channel that gives honest and accurate description on such. Boy I just can’t imagine killing your own brothers, nothing compared to that even today. Sadly America has failed miserably and my visits to cemetery remind me of the waste of lives. To understand today you must understand yesterday, 200 years ago isn’t to many generations folks.
I agree and so appreciate history & the lessons learned from it. My hubby & I have been traveling our great country in our RV since 2018. I got a Metal Detector in Arizona this year and have learned so much from these forums. We loved Gettysburg and recommend taking a guided tour which we didn't have the time to do. What was so special to us is how the entire town buried the Union & Confederate soldiers in groups and where they died. The unknown were buried together in a special place and each had a marker. The entire town spent months/years cleaning up the grounds and made it a living museum. We plan to go back and spend a full 3-4 days to see it all with a guide. We have also taken the time to learn the history of all of our places visited as well across the country. We are very grateful for the past sacrifices our forefathers/mothers of all creeds/races/colors/etc have made to ensure our personal freedoms we have today. Boston was another amazing city too.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thread will be moved to politics because of political replies.
Where exactly would that section be, am I just missing it because I have never seen that section any where on my end that says political replies or politics threads

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to be a Charter Member to see it.
Ok I was just curious because I had never seen those sections anywhere was not trying to be a smart you know what

is there other sections that the charter members get that us commoners do not, I may just have to become a charter member to see LOL

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I was just curious because I had never seen those sections anywhere was not trying to be a smart you know what

is there other sections that the charter members get that us commoners do not, I may just have to become a charter member to see LOL
Don't know, I am a commoner like you! :laughing7:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know, I am a commoner like you! :laughing7:
Heck it took me several years just to get to 500 likes and I have not hit 500 threads or replies yet that I have posted what other benefits do you receive as a charter member ???, is there somewhere I can be directed to that tells me about the benefits you receive as a charter member ????

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck it took me several years just to get to 500 likes and I have not hit 500 threads or replies yet that I have posted what other benefits do you receive as a charter member ???, is there somewhere I can be directed to that tells me about the benefits you receive as a charter member ????
I'll let one of the Admins or Moderators handle that one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let one of the Admins or Moderators handle that one.
Charter Members have access to the Politics forum, Charter Member's forum, can sell here and you also have a bigger inbox for stored messages.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do I get one of those charter member placards under my name also LOL I will check out the sign up its just $20 per year is that correct

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread