Clad aint bad......turns into treasure!

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Save your clad...Let it build up and go buy someting nice for your collection! After all, it was found with your detector! :thumbsup: I take all my clad, roll it up and take it to the bank and turn it in. Then I go to my favorite coin shop and I buy either Silver Dollars or 1 oz. Silver rounds with it and I add them to my collection! No, I did not dig them up but, the value of them came from the ground so I can justify them being in my collection of finds! I do not lie to people and say I found them, I just explain that they were purchased with all of the "change" that I dug up! Clad is nasty looking if you don't clean it up so I just turn it into something nice for my collection! I am slowly building my collection up and I will someday cash in at least the silver dollars and clad that I find and either buy myself a motorcycle or take a trip up to Missouri where I can do some real "old coin hunting" :P I have been detecting full time since I got my DFX in September and so far I would estimate that I have dug up over $300.00 just in clad so far. I had 1 day where I dug up 152 coins in one day! Total about 13.00 in one day! Now that does start to add up over time! You could also save it up for a couple years and buy yourself a new detector every two years with just the clad that you found! :-\ Clad ain't bad...it turns into treasure after a while! Pictured is my collection as it stands now. This is everything I dug up since September with my DFX. The silver rounds and silver dollars you see were purchased with clad that was dug up! ;D

Attachments

• collection cropped1.JPG
    collection cropped1.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMGP2519.JPG
    IMGP2519.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 313
  • IMGP2522.JPG
    IMGP2522.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMGP2520.JPG
    IMGP2520.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 309

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Good idea, I mean the sewing kit for a treasure chest, oh and that silver coin bought with clad is good too ! :wink:

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I second that. Although I turn my clad in, and get rolls for CRHing.....but it is the same concept, I think.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice collection, good investment.

Personally...I spend my clad. I still consider it found treasure. I save my oddities, silver coins....jewelry...whatever...but not as investments...just my personal enjoyment.

maybe when I retire...aint that far away....

Al

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Hmmm, I dunno, I'd rather knock myself silly to find a single silver dollar, than to buy 100 of them with clad that I found from sandboxes.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I call it metal upgrading * trading nasty modern clad and zinc coins for preety shiny silvers --oh ah ----

now I do keep my "real "silver coins that I find those are my "special" coins --those and coins like wheat cents --indain head cents -- silver war nickles --buffalo nickles and other old coins merc dimes --walker haves and such.

OP
OP
Dirty WhiteBoy

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used

yeah Ivan, I keep any "OLD" coins I find too....I just don't have much use for the clad itself. I like the metal upgrading term! 8)

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

I don't know. I like the post on here about the guy who hit the "100,000 coins found" mark. Seems like that would be pretty cool to have 100,000 coins (even clad) laying around. At the very least it would be worth $10K. And it could even be worth $25K if you found a lot of silver over the years.

OP
OP
Dirty WhiteBoy

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used

That is definately remarkable, however I would sure hate to have to roll all that change up! :'( That would take you about 10 days of rolling! ::) Guess what though....it would be so worth it! :o

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, clad is good. I took last years finds and bought a sweet SS light bar and driving lights for my truck. 8)

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I usually roll my clad up, pennies,dimes quarters,nickles Then I cash it in. I do not use the coin star machines. You get charged 7 cents on each dollar, might not be alot to some, but it is to me and that seven dug holes and counting for nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread