Clad and a ring

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another lunchbreak at the park. $1.34 in clad and a ring that went from exciting to fun when I pulled it out and saw the cheapo adjustment method. Oh well, a bit more loot for my chest I'll be burying someday.

Getting the hang of my new FX-1 probe. Was underwhelmed until I started reaching over to the detector and pulling the pinpoint trigger. Good stuff with that method. It's easy to tell if the target is in the initial plug and thereafter into the pinpoint mode. The piece of pulltab was over a cent and I new the target was "iffy" as it broke in one of the legs when "X"ing over it. Real easy to double check a hole and the probe finds a cent to 3" so I found it easy to "reanalyze" the hole without needing to resweep. I think the SunRay will be a fine addition.

The 1" copper ring was interesting for a bit, also. Read "72" which is quarter and I wasn't sure just what I had. The SunRay loved it to pieces and "hit" that at 4"

Attachments

• HPIM0570s.jpg
    HPIM0570s.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358
  • HPIM0578s.JPG
    HPIM0578s.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,
I think ya did dam good...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very cool finds! Glad you are enjoying the new probe and obviously getting really good with it too! Congrats!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Love the rings. What a nice way to spend a lunch break! I like that halo too. :thumbsup:

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going Charley!
Going from a hand held to the sunray probe really makes a diffrence. Like someone on here said, its like the ultimate sniper coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread