Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a man’s 1981 high school class ring on campus last March when everything was shut down. I tried calling the high school it was from with no answer. So I tried the college thinking he may have been a student and again no luck. I searched the internet and the phone book (it is a local high school) and was not having any success so I figured I’d just wait until things got better. Well it got put aside and I didn’t get back to it until last week. I tried the high school and they were no help. So yesterday I called the college registration office. They had a number of people with that last name but no one with that first name. The lady I talked to was very nice and she said I should check on Facebook. I told her I am was not on Facebook so she looked him up and found him in Texas. She made contact for me and she emailed his phone number to me. I called him and he identified the school and year. So I know it is his. He was absolutely thrilled to be getting his ring back. He still has family in the area. He said he would have to buy me some drinks when he comes to visit. I told him that wasn’t necessary, I was just happy to be able to get the ring back to him. He said he would be sure to text a picture of himself with the ring so I will add that to the post when it gets to me. (Of course I will have to wait until the post office delivers the ring and they have been a little slow lately.)

E90741BA-0276-43D9-8770-DE23E4AFB76F.jpeg

He told me he gave it to a girlfriend in 1982 right before he went overseas with the army. The girlfriend attended a different college so how it got on this campus is a mystery. I packaged it up and it went in the mail this morning.

It took a while, but I am happy to get another class ring back to the owner after as much as 38 years in the ground. That’s 18 returns out of 27 class rings found in almost 19 years of detecting. This is also the second one that has gone from Maryland to Texas. It really makes me feel good. Some of the other class rings will not be returnable for various reasons and one the owner refused to return my calls even after her mother verified it was her ring. I have 2 more class rings I’ve started working on so I might have more to post later. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"He told me he gave it to a girlfriend in 1982 right before he went overseas with the army. The girlfriend attended a different college so how it got on this campus is a mystery" OH MY

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"He told me he gave it to a girlfriend in 1982 right before he went overseas with the army. The girlfriend attended a different college so how it got on this campus is a mystery" OH MY

Every one of us know how that ring ended up at another campus.
Dudes girlfriend was a w h o r e lol

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the return. I agree with the rest, I think we know how that ring may have ended up at another college campus !

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! But, hey, everybody give the girlfriend the benefit of the doubt or you'll be like an old maid in our small town.
The town handyman would just load his tool box in a wheel barrow and push it to a job, then push it home when he quit. One time he was working on a project for a woman whose husband was overseas in the Army. A buddy stopped by the job and gave him a lift home at 5 o'clock so he just left his wheel barrow in the front yard overnight.
The next day he went in the grocery store where everyone hung out to get some tape and an old maid was in there. When she saw him she said "Well, did you have a good tine last night? He looked at her blankly, so she continued " I see you spent the night at Mrs. xxxxx's because your wheel barrow was there this morning." Everybody looked at him and began to snicker and he turned red and left. That afternoon when he quit he wheeled his wheel barrow over to the old ladies place and left it in front of her house overnight.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! But, hey, everybody give the girlfriend the benefit of the doubt or you'll be like an old maid in our small town.
The town handyman would just load his tool box in a wheel barrow and push it to a job, then push it home when he quit. One time he was working on a project for a woman whose husband was overseas in the Army. A buddy stopped by the job and gave him a lift home at 5 o'clock so he just left his wheel barrow in the front yard overnight.
The next day he went in the grocery store where everyone hung out to get some tape and an old maid was in there. When she saw him she said "Well, did you have a good tine last night? He looked at her blankly, so she continued " I see you spent the night at Mrs. xxxxx's because your wheel barrow was there this morning." Everybody looked at him and began to snicker and he turned red and left. That afternoon when he quit he wheeled his wheel barrow over to the old ladies place and left it in front of her house overnight.

That was a very smart man.

I got a text today that he got the ring and wants to call this weekend. It said he was all choked up over getting his ring back. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread