Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1972 class ring last April just a couple of weeks after and in the same part of campus as the one I posted in โ€œClass ring return number 18โ€. This one was gold and it was not from a local high school. Because of the pandemic I had no luck getting in touch with anyone at the school and I could not find a yearbook on line to get the owners name (only initials in this ring). So a few weeks ago I decided to give it another try. I managed to get a call back from the school who directed me to the alumni association. I emailed them and did not hear back so I tried another email. They had gotten the first one and were looking into it. They said they had 4 possible names and gave me the names and said they were trying to contact the men to see who had lost the ring. I contacted my helper in the college registrarโ€™s office to see if any of the 4 had attended the college. She replied that none of the names had attended, but she had found the alumni association on line and had contacted someone. Her contact was different than mine and she got better results. Her contact emailed me for info and I replied. A few hours later she emailed back that she had found a person with those initials that had lost a 1972 class ring. I called him and his memory was a little fuzzy as to how he lost his ring, but he does recall his team playing ball on campus in 1972 or 73. He has been in touch with the other 3 people on the list and they have not lost their rings. So the ring has to be his and was probably in the ground for around 48 years.

1FBF891B-B23F-4362-9778-DB8DF7761055.jpeg

He lives in Baltimore so I put it in the mail and he should have it in a few days. So class ring return number 19 took a little longer than I like and it took a team of others to make it happen, but it is done. I still have one more class ring I have some hope of returning out of the 27 found. I have no hope or returning any of the others unless there is a miracle.

The weather has started to improve and the snow is mostly gone to the east (We still have snow and ice thickly covering the ground here). So tomorrow I will swing my detector for the first time in 2 weeks. Wish me luck.

Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
27 found! Wow.

Everyone I know has found at least one, not me, seven years, zero class rings. My white whale!

Well done sir.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youโ€™ve got a heck of a record of returning rings to the rightful owners. That says a lot about your character. Honorable mention vote already submitted.

Last edited:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done, sir!
dts

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
27 found! Wow.

Everyone I know has found at least one, not me, seven years, zero class rings. My white whale!

Well done sir.

You never know when it might happen. Some years I might find one and in my 2019-2020 detecting year (my year is from May 1 through April 30) I found 7. Keep swingin. Itโ€™s out there waiting for you.

Thanks to all for the nice comments. Stay safe and keep swingin.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
27 lost rings! Now I don't feel so bad that I lost my ring in '72. Looks like I'm in good company. (of losers!) Gary

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
27 lost rings! Now I don't feel so bad that I lost my ring in '72. Looks like I'm in good company. (of losers!) Gary

Gary i am part of the losers as well. I lost my college ring during a snowball fight back in 1972 as well, long before I had a metal detector. It is gone for good because they paved that field and turned it into a parking lot years ago.

Stay safe and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I called the owner of the ring he offered to send me a reward no I told him it was not needed. I did it because it was the right thing to do. I always insure the rings when I send them back just in case they get lost in the mail. It cost $10 to send this one back. Today I got a thank you card with $20 in it to pay for his postage and the postage for the next one I return. A very thoughtful guy.

Thanks for looking, stay safe no keep swingin.

B9511EEB-9817-4414-A470-13FCEC09BCD2.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions