Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a spot an old man was mowing. It's half a city block that is vacant in an old town. I asked if he was the owner and he replied that he owned most of it. I asked to metal detect and he said go ahead. I asked if there were old homes there before and he said no. He lived in this town 70 years and it was never built on. You won't find anything but have fun. My first hole, 20+ inches down I find a cap cap gun, and it's beautiful. I picked the dirt out and gave it a quick brushing with apple cider vinegar. Wow is all I can say. Also notice the rose gold plated bracelet, what's left of a gold plated mans wedding ring, silver spoon, five cents in trade token, cut doubleot shotgun shell and about a dollar in clad coins plus lots of other miscellaneous stuff not shown. The old man was stunned. Still have many more hours to detect there.

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_124256490_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211019_124256490_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20211019_124447893_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211019_124447893_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20211020_090628731~3.jpg
    IMG_20211020_090628731~3.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 21

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a spot an old man was mowing. It's half a city block that is vacant in an old town. I asked if he was the owner and he replied that he owned most of it. I asked to metal detect and he said go ahead. I asked if there were old homes there before and he said no. He lived in this town 70 years and it was never built on. You won't find anything but have fun. My first hole, 20+ inches down I find a cap cap gun, and it's beautiful. I picked the dirt out and gave it a quick brushing with apple cider vinegar. Wow is all I can say. Also notice the rose gold plated bracelet, what's left of a gold plated mans wedding ring, silver spoon, five cents in trade token, cut doubleot shotgun shell and about a dollar in clad coins plus lots of other miscellaneous stuff not shown. The old man was stunned. Still have many more hours to detect there.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

ganthercage

Aug 10, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a spot an old man was mowing. It's half a city block that is vacant in an old town. I asked if he was the owner and he replied that he owned most of it. I asked to metal detect and he said go ahead. I asked if there were old homes there before and he said no. He lived in this town 70 years and it was never built on. You won't find anything but have fun. My first hole, 20+ snaptube vidmate inches down I find a cap cap gun, and it's beautiful. I picked the dirt out and gave it a quick brushing with apple cider vinegar. Wow is all I can say. Also notice the rose gold plated bracelet, what's left of a gold plated mans wedding ring, silver spoon, five cents in trade token, cut doubleot shotgun shell and about a dollar in clad coins plus lots of other miscellaneous stuff not shown. The old man was stunned. Still have many more hours to detect there.
looks very precious , congrats

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recoveries

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cap gun is so nice. I always find them in pieces. I have a grave yard of those things lol.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicest cap gun find I have ever seen. I am a little envious. I've found parts and one nearly complete but not as clean and new as yours. I am interested mainly because of nostalgia - I had lots of fun with a brace of them when I was a kid and wish I still had them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions