Closing account

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Why is there no easy way to either close your account permanently or temporary close it. Apparently you have to contact admin and nobody responds.
Apparently the easiest way would be to say something to get banned. I donā€™t know why there isnā€™t an option like most sites to either temporary suspend/close your account or permanently close it without having to contact admin first and wait for them to contact you back. I donā€™t see why that would be necessary. even if they wanted to know why which there could be personal reasons you shouldnā€™t be required to say exactly why if you donā€™t want to, but they could still post some kind of link to close with the option of stating the reason...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is there no easy way to either close your account permanently or temporary close it. Apparently you have to contact admin and nobody responds.
Apparently the easiest way would be to say something to get banned. I donā€™t know why there isnā€™t an option like most sites to either temporary suspend/close your account or permanently close it without having to contact admin first and wait for them to contact you back. I donā€™t see why that would be necessary. even if they wanted to know why which there could be personal reasons you shouldnā€™t be required to say exactly why if you donā€™t want to, but they could still post some kind of link to close with the option of stating the reason...
It is really rather simple....Don't log in.

Easiest way to reach admins is to do a post report or PM a mod.

We do not delete accounts, it destroys too many threads leaving holes in threads.

FYI, being banned does not close or delete your account, it just stops you from logging into your account.

OP
OP
D

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Ha, try getting off FB! Took me over a yearšŸ¤˜
FB wonā€™t let you leave even if you die.
I think it along with others is they want the numbers to say we have this many members/accounts. Etc
Helps with advertising revenue so forth. Alot easier to get people to pay high dollars for advertising when you have a captive audience of say 100,000 vs 100.
At the end of the day your just a number.
Told ā€œ we donā€™t delete accounts because it will leave holes in threadsā€
ā€œJust donā€™t log in anymoreā€
Hmmm. I seem to recall where people might have said things and their posts were deleted. Somehow the ā€œholesā€ were worked around. Not like I had hundreds of posts. , what if i have conflicting things going on?
So how many active members are there actually then?
You have to assume then that everyone who left the hobby or site or passed etc is still counted as a member.
Reminds me of the whole twitter buy out deal where 1/3 of the accounts are not legitimate.

OP
OP
D

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022

Unfortunately wasnā€™t that simple.
I would think you have the ā€œcontact usā€ link as the easiest way to contact you. But if I understand you that is not the way to contact you, rather start a post ?

OP
OP
D

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
I donā€™t get the problem
Just move on with your life and forget it
Thats just it, you donā€™t get the problem. What if for example it is conflicting with other things.
Do you need all my personal reasons?
So say for example you have a charge card you wanted to close out and the business saidā€ just donā€™t use it, whats the big dealā€

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately wasnā€™t that simple.
I would think you have the ā€œcontact usā€ link as the easiest way to contact you. But if I understand you that is not the way to contact you, rather start a post ?
You don't have to start a new thread, you would just report one of your posts and under reason explain what you want or just contact a mod via pm. Owners of TreasureNet manage over a hundred forums.

Check the Pm I sent you...

Last edited:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT

We do not delete accounts, it destroys too many threads leaving holes in threads.

FYI, being banned does not close or delete your account, it just stops you from logging into your account.
TH is right. It does destroy threads. Canā€™t remember the guys name but he went in and deleted his posts. Some of them were really good posts on his or others threads and it was a shame he removed his knowledge but for me the really egregious part was the destruction that meant for the work of others on those threads as they took the time to post on his threads or had a conversation. By removing his side of the conversation, he made their side unintelligible in some cases. It wasnā€™t cool.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH is right. It does destroy threads. Canā€™t remember the guys name but he went in and deleted his posts. Some of them were really good posts on his or others threads and it was a shame he removed his knowledge but for me the really egregious part was the destruction that meant for the work of others on those threads as they took the time to post on his threads or had a conversation. By removing his side of the conversation, he made their side unintelligible in some cases. It wasnā€™t cool.

Exactly, which is why we don't delete accounts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that when a forum or platform operated globally, they were required under GDPR regulations to delete accounts and information if so requested.
Personal data yes, posts and comments no. Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread