Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning EDN,
I think I see what happened. 🤓
Try using the coordinates that I posted …
33. …… degrees N, not 32. …. degrees N
I think that will make a difference 😁👍

Ps- I acquired the image from google earth, using my phone.
I didn’t see settings for switching to decimal degrees, like when using a laptop. It’s just my phone now…

The spot is on the low ridge, north of bull pass, at the north end of Blacktop Mesa, just before dropping down into the switchbacks of Needle canyon.
There is a saddle that ties into the low ridge, on the north side.
Go through the saddle, up onto the highest point of the low ridge …
(almost right where the saddle ties into the low ridge).

Maybe that will be of help.
Here is an image showing the saddle that ties into the low ridge.
The image is looking south into that area.
F5242E3E-2D09-4F5F-AB70-59251090C334.jpeg

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be the "clue" was only a reference to where First Water could be found, on the way into the mountains.
From the place where you leave the Apache Trail, turning onto the side road to First Water, this is what you see when looking towards Four Peaks.
The two may line up even better, the closer you get to First Water......Frog Peaks in front/Four Peaks in the distance.

View attachment 981247

Then again, maybe they meant "Frog Peaks" all along.

Regards:SH.
Somehiker,
A friend of mine has been getting out and about, after some knee work. He sent me some photos and this was one of them ….. it reminded me of your post above, only a little different angle and some snow caps added…. but looks to be same view 😁

ps - I hope you are getting along ok. I think many here on t-net have been hoping as well.
Idahodutch
8F498CA0-F5D2-463A-A719-0964AE27E392.jpeg

Last edited:

AZ Gold Hunter

Feb 27, 2023
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be the "clue" was only a reference to where First Water could be found, on the way into the mountains.
From the place where you leave the Apache Trail, turning onto the side road to First Water, this is what you see when looking towards Four Peaks.
The two may line up even better, the closer you get to First Water......Frog Peaks in front/Four Peaks in the distance.

View attachment 981247

Then again, maybe they meant "Frog Peaks" all along.

Regards:SH.
I accidently bumped into this view while hiking. It is unique how they seem to be a perfect copy of one another. I would suspect it was used as a marker for not only the LDM but possible other historical or spiritual events.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Somehiker,
A friend of mine has been getting out and about, after some knee work. He sent me some photos and this was one of them ….. it reminded me of your post above, only a little different angle and some snow caps added…. but looks to be same view 😁

ps - I hope you are getting along ok. I think many here on t-net have been hoping as well.
Idahodutch
View attachment 2069744
Absolutely gorgeous photo thanks for sharing this! Please do continue gentlemen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread