Clue 4 Peaks Lined up as 1

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck with that .it took me 52 years and i was not looking for it when i found it ...finding the mine has nothing to do with the legend ...a well known Dutch hunter told me the other day ... let the legend live ... ... so some people don't want it found ..

So what does that have to do with this clue on this thread. Let's get some Convo going. U already said this clue isn't bunk. Enlightened us, BB with some that knowledge. I'm listening if ya got something worthy to add. Not just I found it...

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was getting to that. So let's not say 4 peaks as 1 peak . Let's keep it simple let's narrow it down to a mile on each side where weavers needle straight to the 4 peaks as a search range. South of the salt river. Not close to water. Hense the first clue I started with. Your looking a this area below the red dotted line. More more for another day.
I personally like this view better all the peaks fit in the back one. And keeps bout 3/4 of a mile range of this clue in both sides of a straight line as close a possible to start for this clue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-233633.png
    Screenshot_20220929-233633.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 48

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bb’s nonsense continues…..just recently he stated that he gave up the hunt after stating he found the mine many time….now hes saying he found it again.

Yet in all his years of posts claiming to have found it (before claiming he had given up the search) not once did he ever provide one iota of evidence.

Nothing but fairy tales.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bb’s nonsense continues…..just recently he stated that he gave up the hunt after stating he found the mine many time….now hes saying he found it again.

Yet in all his years of posts claiming to have found it (before claiming he had given up the search) not once did he ever provide one iota of evidence.

Nothing but fairy tales.
It's not bout that. Think I addressed that. If he wants to add to following the clues, I encourage him to. Next clue will be on a dif thread and take off from here. Do u have a clue u say has to fit according to Walt's clues. We can go from there, single stack. Let's get some constructive Convo going here.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't need to prove i found it .. i can do that any time i want to , but i don't trust anyone on any web site ,what makes this funny is you have no idea what i am talking about and that tells me your guessing ... that mine is hard to find even when you know where it is ... i live in upstate NY and it cost me out of pocket a few thousand every time i go back ...my girlfriend is disabled now and it's hard for me to go back and leave her without help .. you guys talk a lot shit about things you know nothing about .. yes it a real mine and yes i did locate it in 2006 ,i did not get the chance to open the mine up , because my brother had just had a heart attack and i care more about his life then some stupid gold mine , don't judge me ..i have never been here to get your help ...i have paid for my expeditions out of my own pocket and once i found the mine i started going back threw the legend and clues and started learning things most never know .. if you can't be respectful then go to another thread ..or just don't reply ..

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't need to prove i found it .. i can do that any time i want to , but i don't trust anyone on any web site ,what makes this funny is you have no idea what i am talking about and that tells me your guessing ... that mine is hard to find even when you know where it is ... i live in upstate NY and it cost me out of pocket a few thousand every time i go back ...my girlfriend is disabled now and it's hard for me to go back and leave her without help .. you guys talk a lot shit about things you know nothing about .. yes it a real mine and yes i did locate it in 2006 ,i did not get the chance to open the mine up , because my brother had just had a heart attack and i care more about his life then some stupid gold mine , don't judge me ..i have never been here to get your help ...i have paid for my expeditions out of my own pocket and once i found the mine i started going back threw the legend and clues and started learning things most never know .. if you can't be respectful then go to another thread ..
BB I have never asked you, nor want to know anything about what u claim to have found. You must have a comprehension issue maybe reread post #139 over.. I'm not guessing anything as I stated that we can follow through waltz clues that are considered real and follow where it logically would take someone to search. I don't like to be brash, but that is what u have to do with someone that can't comprehend something. Just please stop posting for your sake.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time i checked it is in the rules of this site to not judge other members and ask them not to post for any reason ...you don't have the right to tell me that ..any more than he does to call what i post Nonsense....you should also think what will happen if i have found the real LDM ...the members of this site will have to read about it somewhere else ......and i will copyright every detail so it can't be posted here on this site ....all i said was those are not the 4 peaks waltz was talking about ! any more than first water was . it wasn't even named at the time those clues were given out ... and if you really think you have the right four peaks then where is the high peak (pointed rock) to the south ..? there isn't one . thats why your wrong !

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time i checked it is in the rules of this site to not judge other members and ask them not to post for any reason ...you don't have the right to tell me that ..any more than he does to call what i post Nonsense....you should also think what will happen if i have found the real LDM ...the members of this site will have to read about it somewhere else ......and i will copyright every detail so it can't be posted here on this site ....all i said was those are not the 4 peaks waltz was talking about ! any more than first water was . it wasn't even named at the time those clues were given out ... and if you really think you have the right four peaks then where is the high peak (pointed rock) to the south ..? there isn't one . thats why your wrong !
Now we are getting somewhere .. Malapais has 4 peaks also, but I do believe waltz meant what we call 4 peaks even if it wasn't called that back then. What we do know is the 4 peaks were to the north and pointed peak was to the south. So next clue most would agree on is in "horse country" or at least had to go through there to get to the LDM from the south.. Most hunters would agree that is peters mesa or somewhere there abouts. We also know waltz could point to the mntn from the south of the Suos when he said he would point it out when they were going to boarding house. With that clue we know it isn't on ground level of the main Sups. Btw u haven't disagreed on my thinking the LDM in the area of my pic. We will narrow it down as more clues come it play.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Now we are getting somewhere .. Malapais has 4 peaks also. Still the search area is in my pic. What we do know is the 4 peaks were to the north and pointed peak was to the south. So next clue most would agree on is in "horse country" or at least had to go through there to get to the LDM from the south.. Most hunters would agree that is peters mesa or somewhere there abouts. We also know waltz could point to the mntn from the south of the Suos when he said he would point it out when they were going to boarding house. With that clue we know it isn't on ground level of the main Sups. Btw u haven't disagreed on my thinking the LDM in the area of my pic. We will narrow it down as more clues come it play.
If memory serves, the clue for what’s viewable on that spot besides the “what looks like one peak” view …… is in the “other direction”, but doesn’t say south; just other direction.
Both of you are assuming south, when the clue doesn’t say it.
If this is an exercise of the clues, we shouldn’t drift.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc, I should also mention, it is also an assumption that peter’s needs to be traveled to reach the LDM.

Assumptions can be closing some doors, that are supposed to be open, and open other doors that are supposed to be closed …. By the clue.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If memory serves, the clue for what’s viewable on that spot besides the “what looks like one peak” view …… is in the “other direction”, but doesn’t say south; just other direction.
Both of you are assuming south, when the clue doesn’t say it.
If this is an exercise of the clues, we shouldn’t drift.
I believe your right. I do believe the 4 peaks is what we call 4 peaks now as waltz was trying to make it as simple as possible for Julia and company. Something which I'm sure they understood back then seeing u can see them from dam near Phoenix.
Doc, I should also mention, it is also an assumption that peter’s needs to be traveled to reach the LDM.

Assumptions can be closing some doors, that are supposed to be open, and open other doors that are supposed to be closed …. By the clue.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe your right. I do believe the 4 peaks is what we call 4 peaks now as waltz was trying to make it as simple as possible for Julia and company. Something which I'm sure they understood back then seeing u can see them from dam near Phoenix.
Unless I’ve missed something, I’m remembering that the 4 peaks clue, was for Dick Holmes….. and that Julia was given a different set of directions.
I don’t want to accidentally start mixing things around, we might get off track 😁

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idaho, that is somewhat true also.

It isn't if you go from the north like waltz originally had tried to tell them. From the south there is no other option.
Unless I’ve missed something, I’m remembering that the 4 peaks clue, was for Dick Holmes….. and that Julia was given a different set of directions.
I don’t want to accidentally start mixing things around, we might get off track 😁
So let's back up to clues we can all agree on. 4 peaks as one but can't say what 4 peaks. I won't put my belief in it. Not by water is a for sure. Waltz could point to mntn from the boarding room from the south. So where we go from there? I'm game to take this a straight as possible. We know he came in from the north. Know he told Julia and Reinhart that way to start. " Easiest way" . Then tried to give directions from the south before deciding to take them from south and show where.

Think we at this point we can agree this clue later in the show, can't rule it out but better clues before seeing how this clue fits. . I'm ready for the next truly real clue we can agree on. Shout it out anyone to add what clue next.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Idaho, that is somewhat true also.

It isn't if you go from the north like waltz originally had tried to tell them. From the south there is no other option.

So let's back up to clues we can all agree on. 4 peaks as one but can't say what 4 peaks. I won't put my belief in it. Not by water is a for sure. Waltz could point to mntn from the boarding room from the south. So where we go from there? I'm game to take this a straight as possible. We know he came in from the north. Know he told Julia and Reinhart that way to start. " Easiest way" . Then tried to give directions from the south before deciding to take them from south and show where. I'm ready for the next truly real clue we can agree on. Shout it out anyone to add.
Let’s see if we can sort through stuff.
There are 2 sets of directions, both can lead to the LDM site.
There are also many other clues not necessarily associated with those two main sets of directions.

One set of directions, was what Waltz was having Julia remember… by way of the “monumented trail” that no longer had the monuments … see Bicknell’s 1895 full article from the San Francisco Chronicle. It has been posted on various threads here on T-net, and is entering from the south side.
The other set of directions were given from Waltz on his deathbed, to Dick Holmes and Gideon Roberts. Those directions are entering the Superstition Mountains by way of the military trail.

The boarding house approach is not part of either off those two.
What came after the boarding house is pretty much speculation, as Waltz did not divulge details. It was later that team Julia was camped out in a wagon.

I, also believe that the directions were not meant to be tricky, but were directions for navigating a realm of mostly unnamed places.

You started in the middle of the directions given to Holmes.
Holmes directions by themselves, have folk looking all over tarnation, mostly due to uncertain locations of military trails, and speculation about 1st and 2nd water locations referred to by Waltz.

My recommendation would be to follow the directions for the monumented trail. It is fairly straight forward using today’s tools, to follow along, up and over the backbone of the mountain, dropping down past weaver’s needle, into a long north trending canyon.
Then take the 1st tributary to the ____.
Julia couldn’t remember which direction at that point.

See where that puts you when you get that far. Let’s see if if you end up on a known military trail 🤓
Then use Holmes directions and see if you are ably to navigate with more certainty 👍😁

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let’s see if we can sort through stuff.
There are 2 sets of directions, both can lead to the LDM site.
There are also many other clues not necessarily associated with those two main sets of directions.

One set of directions, was what Waltz was having Julia remember… by way of the “monumented trail” that no longer had the monuments … see Bicknell’s 1895 full article from the San Francisco Chronicle. It has been posted on various threads here on T-net, and is entering from the south side.
The other set of directions were given from Waltz on his deathbed, to Dick Holmes and Gideon Roberts. Those directions are entering the Superstition Mountains by way of the military trail.

The boarding house approach is not part of either off those two.
What came after the boarding house is pretty much speculation, as Waltz did not divulge details. It was later that team Julia was camped out in a wagon.

I, also believe that the directions were not meant to be tricky, but were directions for navigating a realm of mostly unnamed places.

You started in the middle of the directions given to Holmes.
Holmes directions by themselves, have folk looking all over tarnation, mostly due to uncertain locations of military trails, and speculation about 1st and 2nd water locations referred to by Waltz.

My recommendation would be to follow the directions for the monumented trail. It is fairly straight forward using today’s tools, to follow along, up and over the backbone of the mountain, dropping down past weaver’s needle, into a long north trending canyon.
Then take the 1st tributary to the ____.
Julia couldn’t remember which direction at that point.

See where that puts you when you get that far. Let’s see if if you end up on a known military trail 🤓
Then use Holmes directions and see if you are ably to navigate with more certainty 👍😁
Think if did that you'd be following the stone maps, but on the weavers needle of bluff springs. The stone maps takes u into "horse country" or the other mao, el tosero map, is believe is called or what ever the one was in the show on tv . Correct me if I'm wrong. Like where your going with this. Remember he told Julia he would like to the mntn where it was. From the south. How many options are there. In the search area. I can only probably 3 dif mntns come to mind. One isn't in the search area of my pic. I don't doubt waltz tried to give directions from south, im not sure its speculation at this point. They had the directions from the north first or they would just went to hidden water and gone from there across the salt like he had told them he went. But this clue could go on burner also. What next clue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-194732.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194732.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Think if did that you'd be following the stone maps, but on the weavers needle of bluff springs. The stone maps takes u into "horse country". Like where your going with this. Remember he told Julia he would like to the mntn where it was. From the south. How many options are there. In the search area. I can only probably 3 dif mntns come to mind. One isn't in the search area of my pic.
You are wanting to bring the stone maps in to Waltz’s clues, but dollars to donuts, Waltz never heard of the stone maps.
He had directions for the monumented trail, and just followed it right to the mine. Those are the directions he was having Julia memorize.

I don’t think Julia ever really was able to follow those directions.
It was a different time. Maps were not anywhere at detailed as we have today. She would have to actually do the hiking to sort through it, where you can just look at google earth.
The path seems too easy, and just leads to where almost everybody was looking.
Waltz said he buried his mine, and left no trace of it. Nothing
He sealed the mine over using logs crisscrossed, then put a cache of dug out gold ore on top of that. Then he covered over it all to conceal all of it.

The only way to find it is to first find the hidden camp.
The mine Waltz was giving to Julia, is not more than 200’ directly across the canyon from the mine.

You, or anyone …. Need to find the hidden camp for two reasons.
The first is so where you know where to hold one end of the measuring tape. The other is less known, but I will share.
“Directly across the canyon” can be confusing. Hind sight is 2020 they say. Directly across means …. Same elevation.
If measuring across the creek to other side…. You greatly exceed the 200’ before reaching ground again.
It is not across other side of creek.
Another little thing to elaborate ….
Shhhhh (don’t tell anyone)
1. Mine opens north or northwest
2. Hidden camp is open on north side.
Both are on same side of creek 👍🤓

You want to know what I’m getting at …. Just talking clues… the real ones 😎

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to find the hidden camp, you need Holmes directions, view of 4 peaks etc.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are wanting to bring the stone maps in to Waltz’s clues, but dollars to donuts, Waltz never heard of the stone maps.
He had directions for the monumented trail, and just followed it right to the mine. Those are the directions he was having Julia memorize.

I don’t think Julia ever really was able to follow those directions.
It was a different time. Maps were not anywhere at detailed as we have today. She would have to actually do the hiking to sort through it, where you can just look at google earth.
The path seems too easy, and just leads to where almost everybody was looking.
Waltz said he buried his mine, and left no trace of it. Nothing
He sealed the mine over using logs crisscrossed, then put a cache of dug out gold ore on top of that. Then he covered over it all to conceal all of it.

The only way to find it is to first find the hidden camp.
The mine Waltz was giving to Julia, is not more than 200’ directly across the canyon from the mine.

You, or anyone …. Need to find the hidden camp for two reasons.
The first is so where you know where to hold one end of the measuring tape. The other is less known, but I will share.
“Directly across the canyon” can be confusing. Hind sight is 2020 they say. Directly across means …. Same elevation.
If measuring across the creek to other side…. You greatly exceed the 200’ before reaching ground again.
It is not across other side of creek.
Another little thing to elaborate ….
Shhhhh (don’t tell anyone)
1. Mine opens north or northwest
2. Hidden camp is open on north side.
Both are on same side of creek 👍🤓

You want to know what I’m getting at …. Just talking clues… the real ones 😎
Not wanting to bring stone maps in, but monumented trail was just that. Dif is u want to go past weavers needle close, where the stone maps is through Labarge. Only dif is bluff springs mntn in the middle. But to be on the main floor of the sups goes against my first clue. Not by water. He went when he did cuz the 3 water spots or what he called them above another. They aren't big but only are there after a rain. Being in the main Sups in the winter water was all around. Think higher where water won't be but at the right time is my thought. But I don't want to transgress to much.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread