COA's

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I stay away from any relics with a "Bannerstone Tom's" COA.

I have seen too many COAs of his on what looks like questionable stones. Note I am not using the term "relics" here.

It seemed to me that he made an appearance in thePAQ sometime after Gilbert Cooper purchased this publication from the Ballingers. In my view the publication went steeply downhill. Tom seemed to promote himself and lent a questionable tint then to the rest of the publication. But Cooper and his "editor" son also promote their relics in the publication. I guess if you want to be sure to have "documented" relics, buy a relic publication and promote them - problem solved.

I do see Insight at the relic shows and have heard of positive and negative results from his service. That said I would put more stock in their opinion, and none in Toms - who I have never seen at a relic show.

Just my two cents on a sensitive subject.

It seems you can't often tell the king he is not wearing any cloths since folks may get upset.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, I'll tell my friend to be very careful. I don't buy ebay often but if you're looking for Florida & deep south stuff there are 3 top notch sellers.
Riverrellics
Prehistoric Florida
REEFDREAMZ
They all sell only authentic stuff and it shows, most are dinged up and show wear.

Indian.outlaw

Sep 24, 2022
From what I heard, I agree with what dog nose stated above. Recently I’ve seen some questionable pieces authenticated by him for a few different people on multiple pages. Can’t say for sure because I never held the artifacts myself, but from the pictures, location found and materiel, things didn’t add up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread