Coastal north west prospecting

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all... MDFG: So many great posts here; so much appreciated. Heading out soon to north BC coast. Picture attached of approximately the area of a late 18th century dust up (my research hopefully right) Brits vs natives. Targets are a brass item; Spanish silver coins; musket balls; other coins and outpost relics. In addition, the small creeks may hold a gold picker or 2. As the pic shows this is rugged rock wilderness with shallow soils and scatterings of beaches. Based on posts here just wondering if the Macro Racer 2 would suit? This is a unique area but geology should be similar to more populated accessible areas further south and hopefully there may be some detectorists here familiar with this geology.
DougVisit 026.JPG

Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
if i were going to bc coast id have only one thing on my mind.....fishing. thats just me

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a Canadian prospecting forum where you might get more answers. Google gpex prospecting for the website. It came up first when I did a search just now.

Good luck.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Canadian prospecting forum where you might get more answers. Google gpex prospecting for the website. It came up first when I did a search just now.

Good luck.

The completely redeeming quality of this place is that nobody goes there, not even Canadians. Marine access, island and reef strewn aka graveyard of the Pacific. But, thanks for the suggestion anyway and best of luck in your playing field.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seascene,
That looks like and sounds like an amazing location with all sorts of possibilities for exploring and finding history of all types! I would think that most any prospecting detector would be able to locate natural metallic minerals as well as man made metallic items. One thing to look into would be how well the machine of your choice functions in a salt environment as this could make a significant difference for your success in that location. The best of success to you on your journey and I know I would appreciate your continued sharing with us here on TNEt..................63bkpkr

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seascene,
That looks like and sounds like an amazing location with all sorts of possibilities for exploring and finding history of all types! I would think that most any prospecting detector would be able to locate natural metallic minerals as well as man made metallic items. One thing to look into would be how well the machine of your choice functions in a salt environment as this could make a significant difference for your success in that location. The best of success to you on your journey and I know I would appreciate your continued sharing with us here on TNEt..................63bkpkr

... most kind "63" .... and thank you for heads up on the salt factor... best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread