KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travel Channel's series called Code of the Wild is covering the Swift Silver Legend tonight 9/24/19 at 10PM. As I recall Ki said his discoveries would be covered on a travel channel show that was to air in August...

I think I'll record it in case something jaw dropping is covered in the show!

You may be able to watch the episode here: https://www.travelchannel.com/shows

or here : https://www.travelchannel.com/search/code-of-the-wild-

Last edited:
OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ??? Did Ya catch anything jaw dropping ??

It was a hodge-podge collection of different searchers and their locations strung together to form a story line centered upon the hosts/brothers. Mr. Prather is in it, Paintsville is mentioned in the property maps from Prather's book, so is Mr. Hensen at Natural Bridge S.P. Ki's opening was covered and the triangle carving in the last 10-15 minutes of the show. What was interesting was the monument rocks on a creek called furnace creek in Menifee county. I had never heard of that place at all before. No creek of that name in that county on the topo maps I have...Anyway, two large boulders one leaning upon another with a creek running between them. It is worth watching! They did not cover the coins Ki had found, maybe he found them after that portion of the show was shot? Dunno... it was during the colder months by the way they were dressed, so I guess it was shot last Fall/Winter.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/code-of-the-wild/episodes/swift-silver

Last edited:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing that impressed me was rocks with the water running under them otherwise bleep .

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing that impressed me was rocks with the water running under them otherwise bleep .

I will admit, that creek and rocks 'fits' journal descriptions better than the monument rocks along Swift Camp Creek. But there is no Rock Bridge or arch over the creek they would use to cross over that little creek in the show... as usual only pieces fit the journal in certain places in the state... this probably means the journal(s) were altered at some point or manufactured altogether.

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Just watched it last night as I had it recorded. The episode seemed a little pieced together but I enjoyed it and seeing the east Kentucky countryside was worth the time to watch it. Hope that Kiowa finds it.

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think KI has found one of what was several mines or stash locations. He doesn't seem to spend much time on here anymore, this makes me think he is focused on what he has found so far. On foot in that terrain, each square mile becomes a much larger area, many of the mountain sides are tiered 2 or 3 times with areas that become like shelves or steps. It is not easy moving between these tiers or elevations. Very time consuming for any one person to do!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed it..don't forget that earthquakes and man can topple natural things like balanced rocks and arches.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS PICTURE OF A BALANCED ROCK DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS SWIFTS BALANCED ROCK OR NOT BUT IT IS WITHIN 20 MILES OF THE 4 MINES I FOUND THIS COVERED IN MY BOOK I TOOK THISM PICTURE BEFORE DIGITAL WAS AVAILABLE rgb1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions