weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish i knew coiltek came out with coils before i ordered my 6" coil 3 weeks ago, but the 10x5 is the size i want also. Usually after a length of time new coils are in abundance. Its been about a year? Like I said I just found out about three weeks ago that coiltek came out with three coils for equinox detectors. I guess it's all to do with the coronavirus and possible lack of production Volume. If you're really wanting one of these now I would do a search on the Internet of all online detector store outlets you might come across one.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Can't recall the seller but I saw just the other day that the 10x5 Nox coil was available.

It is Big Boys Hobbies. I just added the coil to my cart. I don't need one but it sure seem the order would go through.

Sorry!!! That is pre-order, DOH! It really has been a long time for that 10x5 to still be tough to get.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On theirs plus many more waiting/pre order list. Problem not limited to just detecting equipment, its everything, my son has been waiting 8 months for their dishwasher. Hope I find one by Spring when I can use it!

weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will anybody ever get these in stock:BangHead:
I am a fairly good researcher I will take a look around the next couple of days if I find somebody selling a coil I will contact you and let you know.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like a few places have it in stock now. I saw it on amazon for $235

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks .....I was on their list for an email when they came in. Oh well ordered and on the way

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks .....I was on their list for an email when they came in. Oh well ordered and on the way
I live in S E Michigan too. I own all three Minelab coils and two of the Coiltek Equinox coils, the 15" and the 5"x10". If I would've known, I would have gotten together with you so you could try the 5"x10" and even compare it to the small 6" Minelab coil in a direct coil to coil comparison, which would benefit me too. If you ever want to do any coil to coil between the comparisons between Coilteks and the Minelabs, just message me so we can possibly set that up. Personally, I'm still leaning towards the Minelab versions...

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Will anybody ever get these in stock:BangHead:
Look no further, they're here.

Canadian funny money, US dollar $246.89

Screenshot from 2022-02-04 20-37-49.png

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks.....Got one!!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to find the 10x5 coiltek coil for months but no luck. Finally went with the minelab 6 inch coil. I paid about $60.00 bucks after using some gift cards from the holiday. I have a few great places to try out the small coil. Once the weather starts to warm up its time to dig it all.

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried to find the 10x5 coiltek coil for months but no luck. Finally went with the minelab 6 inch coil. I paid about $60.00 bucks after using some gift cards from the holiday. I have a few great places to try out the small coil. Once the weather starts to warm up its time to dig it all.
Just before the ground here in S. E. Michigan turned to brick, I went over a section of park where just the week earlier I had found three Buffalo nickels and two V-Nickels using the 12x15 coil on my Equinox. I thought to myself, "I'm sure I'm missing stuff using the large coil." So I went slow and deliberate over the same area, seeing what else I could pluck-out using the Coiltek 10x5 (the 5th or 6th time using it)... I found nothing, absolutely nothing worth mentioning at all. So far, I'm not impressed with the Equinox Coiltek coils that I have, but it's too early to say that I don't like them. Frankly, I was surprised. I gotta say, even when there's a fair amount of trash, the Minelab 12x15 is my preferred coil. It may be because these parks have been hit hard over the years and many of my old coin finds are in the 8 to 12 inch range, except those V-Nickels that were 6 to 7 inches down. Anyhow, I've been reading Andy Sabisch's Equinox book and hope to try a little different approach to my hunting. It seems like the Equinox really likes the nickels cause I'm sure that others have been over those same spots and yet failed to find them and like Agent Green, I dig it all most times.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gerry's Detectors usually has them.

Attachments

• 14AFE44F-EB5B-4B23-8AE7-1802D7719E3C.jpeg
    14AFE44F-EB5B-4B23-8AE7-1802D7719E3C.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 47

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up getting the 6 inch coil from minelab instead. I only paid about a third of the total value after using some gift cards from Christmas. Its a small coil and I have used one on my CTX. I have a few parks I am going to revisit and I think the 6 inch coil is going to work great.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why on earth would you waste your money??

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 10x5 coiltek from Bigboys came in a few weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. This is the first time I've changed coils, do I need to do some sort of reset or is it plug and play? Its on a nox 800

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 10x5 coiltek from Bigboys came in a few weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. This is the first time I've changed coils, do I need to do some sort of reset or is it plug and play? Its on a nox 800
No reset is required.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions