Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends, just wanted to say I'll be heading down to the Indian River Inlet (Coin Beach) on September 12 thru the 15th, on my way down to Ocean City for the annual Bike Week.

Haven't seen any recent posts on Coin Beach, was kinda wondering if there has been anything found lately, and update on conditions would be great.

Looking forward to doing some detecting down there, and hope to meet up with someone........Thanks, Rich

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
They are pumping a lot of sand on the beach right now. That doesn't mean that you won't find any shipwreck coins but it may be a little harder then normal,but you never know they might blow a few up on the beach with the dredge. Let us know how you make out and good luck! Mark

tecciztecatl

Jun 29, 2013
Downingtown, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Di6000 Series3
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading down there tomorrow for a few days and return the 12th, so I will just miss you.

Too bad about them replenishing the beach right now ... but I have to go down anyway. I'd love to find just one shipwreck coin!

Any tips as to where and what part of the beach would be best, e.g., wet lane, dry, burm, etc..?

Oh yeah ... and where can you take a leak down there?

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
There are portapotts in the parking area.Good luck there is a lot of sand on the beach right now plus the sand builds in the summer months but you never know I have never found any shipwreck coins talking about it or sitting on the couch.Let us know how u do.Good Luck Mark

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am heading down there tomorrow for a few days and return the 12th, so I will just miss you.

Too bad about them replenishing the beach right now ... but I have to go down anyway. I'd love to find just one shipwreck coin!

Any tips as to where and what part of the beach would be best, e.g., wet lane, dry, burm, etc..?

If you find an old container such as a tankard or pottery that has little if any value, just take a leak in it and then give it to the State Official that is watching to see if you find anything older than 50 years old!:tongue3:

Frank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found mine just north of the Inlet.

I never left this area , & one of my first coins was a shipwreck coin

Untitled.jpg

mattyshore

Jul 16, 2013
Westbury, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never detected coin beach yet but being that I live in Delaware I think it is worth the trip down. My only question is, where to park? I still have not switched my tags on my Jeep I know that might cost me more to park but is there legal parking near there?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parking circled in Red

Path in in Green

Untitled.jpg

Untitledgg.jpg

Not sure if it is free to all But may be free to De. Residents , & those with passes

mattyshore

Jul 16, 2013
Westbury, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, Thanks for the info with pics. I have pretty much been on my own to explore Delaware, Although I have a friend with a pass, but either way I will start heading down in a couple weeks. Going out to Texas for a little digging.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, Thanks for the info with pics. I have pretty much been on my own to explore Delaware, Although I have a friend with a pass, but either way I will start heading down in a couple weeks. Going out to Texas for a little digging.

As I said earlier all my Silver & my Shipwreck coin
came from the area in the pic.

My buddies walked north along the Beach & back,
And pretty much got skunked.

While I got Lucky

Shipwreck Coin,
Barber Dime, 54 Quarter & I forget what else.

My complaint was the Long walk in & out, &
Port-o-Pot Extreme west end of parking lot.

site Not friendly to the Less then 100% healthy individual

But Much Luck to Ya !

Last edited:

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! I live in DE and when we go back To Coin beach I will now have hope :)

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I live in DE and when we go back To Coin beach I will now have hope :)

I was going to say... the SE Pro would get it. I've made fantastic inland finds with mine. But only used it on the beach to set a few programs.

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first time I went I had a Whites Coinmaster D. Now i have an xterra 705 and want to go back. :)

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to say... the SE Pro would get it. I've made fantastic inland finds with mine. But only used it on the beach to set a few programs.

The Explorers are hot as doo-doo on silver. Even fitted with a WOT, they have excellent sensitivity to very small silver coins. And on larger silver coins they can be unbelievably deep. One of the deepest coins I have ever dug on a beach was a standing liberty I found with an Explorer and a WOT. I think you give up something in terms of low conductors compared with a Sov. or an Excal, but the Explorers are damn good beach machines for sure. Even in tough, wet, black sand.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Explorers are hot as doo-doo on silver. Even fitted with a WOT, they have excellent sensitivity to very small silver coins. And on larger silver coins they can be unbelievably deep. One of the deepest coins I have ever dug on a beach was a standing liberty I found with an Explorer and a WOT. I think you give up something in terms of low conductors compared with a Sov. or an Excal, but the Explorers are damn good beach machines for sure. Even in tough, wet, black sand.

I agree I have yet to find real gold with my SE,
but my Sovereign was sweet on it.
I found Tons* of gold with my Sovereign

*Exaggeration :tongue3: to make my point

However My SE is better on Silver then my Sovereign.

Last edited:

mattyshore

Jul 16, 2013
Westbury, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to get down there this weekend. Spent two weeks out of town. I just have a Fisher F2 but it gets me out digging :) and getting out and doing it is the best part to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread