🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow is all I can think of to start this post, just wow! Got out on an evening permission at a 1870s house north of me. The woman told me it's been hit before but I was welcome to give it a go. Finds started out slow and it was obvious it was picked over pretty well but I kept pushing. My first keeper was the 1865 2 center! Pretty rough shape but I'll take it! Found one wheat and then the mercury that I kissed with my shovel. Went along the side of the house and hit the silver Washington! I was pretty happy with the finds at that point and was considering leaving because it was getting late. What happened next was absolutely amazing! Came across a strange signal, it was really scratchy with high and mid tones and it sounded a little large but I figured why not, let's dig it. First popped out an Indian and a piece of leather with 2 coin impressions on it and I was like OMG!!! I knew I had some sort of either change bag, or change purse. I kept plucking v nickel after v nickel, then a barber dime, and some wheats, then a 1900 silver Canadian quarter, and another barber and more Indians and wheats. All in all there was 6 v nickels, 4 Indians, 4 wheats, 2 barber dimes and the Canadian silver quarter! Nothing older than 1900 but by far the most fun I have ever had detecting!! I'm on cloud nine with this hunt!! Thanks for looking and reading the long winded post and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 20220814_191141.jpg
    20220814_191141.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,194
  • 20220814_192807.jpg
    20220814_192807.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 899
  • 20220814_192833.jpg
    20220814_192833.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 995
  • 20220814_211247.jpg
    20220814_211247.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 958
  • 20220814_211538.jpg
    20220814_211538.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 940
  • 20220814_211359.jpg
    20220814_211359.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 788
  • 20220814_211724.jpg
    20220814_211724.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 889
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey smokes man.....thats great !! Congrats on that cache of coins....all good ones !!
Thank you, I don't think I've ever dug 6 v nickels in a month let alone one plug!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow is all I can think of to start this post, just wow! Got out on an evening permission at a 1870s house north of me. The woman told me it's been hit before but I was welcome to give it a go. Finds started out slow and it was obvious it was picked over pretty well but I kept pushing. My first keeper was the 1865 2 center! Pretty rough shape but I'll take it! Found one wheat and then the mercury that I kissed with my shovel. Went along the side of the house and hit the silver Washington! I was pretty happy with the finds at that point and was considering leaving because it was getting late. What happened next was absolutely amazing! Came across a strange signal, it was really scratchy with high and mid tones and it sounded a little large but I figured why not, let's dig it. First popped out an Indian and a piece of leather with 2 coin impressions on it and I was like OMG!!! I knew I had some sort of either change bag, or change purse. I kept plucking v nickel after v nickel, then a barber dime, and some wheats, then a 1900 silver Canadian quarter, and another barber and more Indians and wheats. All in all there was 6 v nickels, 4 Indians, 4 wheats, 2 barber dimes and the Canadian silver quarter! Nothing older than 1900 but by far the most fun I have ever had detecting!! I'm on cloud nine with this hunt!! Thanks for looking and reading the long winded post and happy hunting!
What an awesome find. Congratulations!

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kind of find is everyone's dream. I had the thrill of find one change purse. It was not as good as yours, but it sure made my day. It was a plastic "little orphan annie" change purse. Two silver roosies, one merc, 5 wheats and two jefferson nickels. I figure it was lost late 50's. I got the same thrill as you, but not the same results. Great story!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kind of find is everyone's dream. I had the thrill of find one change purse. It was not as good as yours, but it sure made my day. It was a plastic "little orphan annie" change purse. Two silver roosies, one merc, 5 wheats and two jefferson nickels. I figure it was lost late 50's. I got the same thrill as you, but not the same results. Great story!
Thanks alot! After digging this I'm gonna be on the lookout for more iffy signals like this one was!! 😁

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
holy cow, just awesome. that is one great cache! bet it was a blast and big time gratz

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a dream find! Age doesn't matter- they're in fantastic shape from being in the purse and stuck together- every one of us who does this hopes to find one of those, and you were fortunate enough to get that experience- Big Congrats!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score!
I have a shared experience of finding a coin purse full of coins too...but that's another story lol
Today is your day to show off the shiny treasure !!
Thank you! I still can't believe it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions