Coin Roll Hunting Big Silver big score again !!!!!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My comment: This is a lot of videos.

You can start a log in the CRHing Logs subforum if that interests you.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big score???? Hmmmm

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Only commenting because you asked me to. You do your thing, buddy...but dont expect a warm welcome by uploading ten videos on the same day...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm glad that newcomers are enjoying the hobby, but these "big scores" utterly bore me to death. It was only a couple of years ago that I was culling on average $30-$40 face in silver. It was relatively mundane when only a roll was culled. Now, we are expected to shower accolades on those that have scored big on a couple of bucks.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be fair to a newcomer, merely not getting skunked is a feat! However I do not wish to have to scroll past 10+ threads with just videos. As some one else mentioned just start a log. Or at least post pics and text stating what you found.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is a treasure forum for the sharing of hobby info and finds....

Redelf is violating none of TN rules but others are... If redelf wants to upload 20 different videos he is within TreasureNet rules as long as videos are different videos on different subjects and TreasureNet rules are the only rules that matter here....

Please treat new members with respect.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What???? Did I miss the BIG SCORE?

Wheres the big score

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This cuts both ways - new members need to treat the board with respect. There are many things that someone could do that would be 'allowed' or 'legal' but could be considered disrespectful. I, and others, consider posting a dozen videos rapid-fire to be poor form. Pointing that out to a new member so that they can successfully become part of the 'family' should be thought of as a good thing.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't argue with the admins. I agree that it is excessive. But I do not run this forum. What they say goes

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is a treasure forum for the sharing of hobby info and finds....

Redelf is violating none of TN rules but others are... If redelf wants to upload 20 different videos he is within TreasureNet rules as long as videos are different videos on different subjects and TreasureNet rules are the only rules that matter here....

I assume the others' rule breaking comments have been deleted. In any event, my perception is that some of the crowd were/are trying to convey a sense of moderation to the Red Elf, not suggesting that he/she was breaking any rules.

I concur with many of the comments that the presentation of the fully-rule-compliant videos via multiple, rapid posting was distracting. That is not a disparagement towards the [new] member.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This cuts both ways - new members need to treat the board with respect. There are many things that someone could do that would be 'allowed' or 'legal' but could be considered disrespectful. I, and others, consider posting a dozen videos rapid-fire to be poor form. Pointing that out to a new member so that they can successfully become part of the 'family' should be thought of as a good thing.

His posts violated none of TreasureNet rules nor is it disrespectful.....On the other hand members attacking a new member for posting multiple threads is not only disrespectful to the new member, it violates TN'S rules...

If members dont like the threads they can simply skip over them....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Please post by our rules...... Thanks.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 40%? Come on man, show me the money!
I guess now-a-days 7 forties is a big score. That is one of the reasons I don't CRH any more. Too many people have let the cat out of the bag. When I posted regularly on this board someone had just written (and had published) the first story about CRH. It was in one of the treasure hunting magazines. There was a big uproar on this very forum.

I lost track of all the 40% I have found but I know it was over 1000 and probably a couple hundred 90's and close to a dozen silver dollars and silver rounds. Those were the good ole days ;) that have been ruined by stories and videos.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mod another forum and we've instituted a five-post-a-day maximum (for content only, not simply discussions) because multiples beyond that shove new posts off the front page too quickly, which is discouraging to all posters, new and old alike. Not telling the admins what to do, just providing some perspective.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mod another forum and we've instituted a five-post-a-day maximum (for content only, not simply discussions) because multiples beyond that shove new posts off the front page too quickly, which is discouraging to all posters, new and old alike. Not telling the admins what to do, just providing some perspective.
Under settings at top of forum you can set how many posts to a page you have. On my desk top I have 50 to a page..........

I know your not trying to tell us how to moderate so no problem there.

We are the oldest and largest Treasure forum on the net.

We don't restrict how many threads a member can start

Last edited:

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the op is not offended but I must unsubscribe from this thread.

May the boxes bring you many a silvers

OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505 / old bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I new it was going to upset you I wouldn't of uploaded the videos like I did .. Makes a person not even want to be a member of a place like this when everyone wants to treat you like you are a killer when all I was doing was showing all my finds that yes I am happy about and did put a lot of time into so if you don't like don't watch or comment !! Thx have a good day and sorry to anyone that isn't being mean !!

Sent from my iPhone from redelf12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread