coins galore and a bit of silver

dirtydig

Oct 7, 2013
virginia
Detector(s) used
A T Pro, ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my aunts house (est 1921) and spent most of a day in the front yard. I love when house is built on clay then over time the cover thickens. the coins fall only as far as the clay, about 2-3 inches so you can just pop them with your pinpointer. It was awesome, and because of the protection the clay offers the coins come out Beautiful. One of the funest days ive had in a long time. The AT pro couldnt make an error, of course i doubt any metal detector would. I could use some help with the button. a total of 26 wheatys, i gave my aunt some to add to her collection. 1 merc and its detail is wonderful. 1 washington, a little ruff around the edges. all in all it was a killer day. never dug thatmany good coins in one day. found 3 wheatys stacked together in one whole close to the mail box. its one of those days when after you dig the first wheaty your happy and then and then and then etc...
IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1881.JPG IMG_1882.JPG

Happy Hunting,

Upvote 10

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
NICE DAY! I hope that 1940 quarter has a D mint mark!

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, nice silver and pile of wheats. Congratulations

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 20s you could put money in your mailbox and your letter without a stamp and the postman would take the money and put a stamp on it for you. That is why it's always good to hunt around the curb where the mailbox used to be. Very nice finds.

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 20s you could put money in your mailbox and your letter without a stamp and the postman would take the money and put a stamp on it for you. That is why it's always good to hunt around the curb where the mailbox used to be. Very nice finds.

Lol...Still can where I live. We will put a few bucks in the mailbox with letters needing stamps and when we come back we will have a little change.

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins, especially the silver. I am ready for a day like that!! Way to go.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice haul. Congrats on the silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread