Coinstar Comes Thru

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Nice find in coinstar tonight. Usually when I check it this store's coinstar, it has nothing. Tonight the reject bin was loaded with coins. Total was $11.35 clad American and + 1 Silver Roosie (61D) 10 Cents foreign (2 Barbados nickels). Coin breakdown as follows:
36 clad quarters ($9.00)
28 nickels ($1.40)
7 clad dimes ($.70)
25 zinc pennies (memorial & shield) ($.25)

The coins were 3 handfuls out of the reject bin and weighted 0.935 lbs. They had moved the coinstar machine from a back corner to up front by the self check out section. A lot more people check it there so finding so a huge amount is very unusual. Made up for all the times there was nothing. Stay Cool, Stay Dry & Stay Vertical All!
HH
Gary:laughing7:

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES CW3(RET) USARMY :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14: Nice find in coinstar tonight. Usually when I check it this store's coinstar, it has nothing. Tonight the reject bin was loaded with coins. Total was $11.35 clad American and + 1 Silver Roosie (61D) 10 Cents foreign (2 Barbados nickels). Coin breakdown as follows:
36 clad quarters ($9.00)
28 nickels ($1.40)
7 clad dimes ($.70)
25 zinc pennies (memorial & shield) ($.25)

The coins were 3 handfuls out of the reject bin and weighted 0.935 lbs. They had moved the coinstar machine from a back corner to up front by the self check out section. A lot more people check it there so finding so a huge amount is very unusual. Made up for all the times there was nothing. Stay Cool, Stay Dry & Stay Vertical All!
HH
Gary:laughing7:
Was there anything unusual about the rejects? You seem to have found an awfully large number of them. Could the machine have been out of calibration?

OP
OP
C

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there anything unusual about the rejects? You seem to have found an awfully large number of them. Could the machine have been out of calibration?
Nothing was unusual, all the coins seemed normal. I think someone was dumping a large amount of coins and these were just the over flow. These machines will dump the excess coins when they are overloaded. I've seen it happen before.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread