CoinStar Finds + A Parking Lot Extra on the way out the door :)

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always cruise my local grocers CoinStar machine when I'm doing my shopping.. It has yielded results for me several different times in the past. I have posted a couple of those finds on Treasurenet, but not all.

I scored again tonight! On top of 27 cents in clad that's not pictured, I found a 1957 Rosie Dime, a crusty 1943 Wheat Cent and 3 other Copper Pennies. Not the greatest haul ever, but any day that the machine gives me Silver is a good day!

Normally I would have just posted this in the CoinStar forum, but tonight was different. After paying for my groceries, I walked out of the store and noticed something shiny in a crack of the concrete, so I picked it up. Turned out to be a small crushed ring stamped 10K! Obviously not the highest purity ever, but free Copper, Silver and Gold all found within 10 minutes of each other at the same store isn't something that I expect to happen too often.

Attachments

• 20220212_234805.jpg
    20220212_234805.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 106

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always cruise my local grocers CoinStar machine when I'm doing my shopping.. It has yielded results for me several different times in the past. I have posted a couple of those finds on Treasurenet, but not all.

I scored again tonight! On top of 27 cents in clad that's not pictured, I found a 1957 Rosie Dime, a crusty 1943 Wheat Cent and 3 other Copper Pennies. Not the greatest haul ever, but any day that the machine gives me Silver is a good day!

Normally I would have just posted this in the CoinStar forum, but tonight was different. After paying for my groceries, I walked out of the store and noticed something shiny in a crack of the concrete, so I picked it up. Turned out to be a small crushed ring stamped 10K! Obviously not the highest purity ever, but free Copper, Silver and Gold all found within 10 minutes of each other at the same store isn't something that I expect to happen too often

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
Pretty awesome! But I have a question. How do you get the coins out of the coinstar machine? I thought those machines are for people that have coins and want paper money - not the other way around.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty awesome! But I have a question. How do you get the coins out of the coinstar machine? I thought those machines are for people that have coins and want paper money - not the other way around.
They're mostly found in the reject bin down below....not inside the machine.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE going I have never checked a coinstar machine maybe i should start

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Normally I would have just posted this in the CoinStar forum, but tonight was different. After paying for my groceries, I walked out of the store and noticed something shiny in a crack of the concrete, so I picked it up. Turned out to be a small crushed ring stamped 10K! Obviously not the highest purity ever, but free Copper, Silver and Gold all found within 10 minutes of each other at the same store isn't something that I expect to happen too often.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread