Coinstar idea - what do you think?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this idea for awhile and I would like some opinions about whether it's worth trying.

On the Coinstar machine at the Albertson's I go to there's a clear plastic holder affixed to the front that looks like it's supposed to hold Coinstar brochures but it always seems to be empty. I got an idea to put a sticker on the holder that says "Foreign & Rejected Coins" or something like that. I could simply stop by each day and see if anything had been left, but of course so could anyone else. But then I thought the Coinstar guy might remove it. It might be helpful to write the sticker in Spanish too.

Should I give this a try?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Heck of an idea! :o :o I definately going to try that! The only problem is the plastic compartment on the front of my machine is always stuffed with little plastic bags from the coins people bring in. Maybe a trashcan, too?

OP
OP
I

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's how Altavista.com translated "foreign & rejected coins" into Spanish - "monedas extranjeras y rechazadas". Does anyone know Spanish? Is that correct?

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Put a little pamphlet in there explaining that this is the only Coinstar terminal in the state that does not charge customers for processing and keeping their foreign and rejected coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread