coinstar

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked by a coinstar at Kroger the other day. I decided to look into the return slot. I did this because someone else said he looks in there. I found a silver earring witha little glass gem in it. Cehap, but, it's a find.

Laater...

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most is 8.9%. Some will not charge if you buy a gift card, usually with Amazon.com or Starbucks.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Thursday I found a clad dime in the return slot.
Earlier in the week I found a Canadian quarter and a 1970s clad nickel.

Last week I found a Car Wash token.

Woohoo I'm rich!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some goodies in the return slot today at Albertsons.

1996-D penny
1985-P quarter
1997 Czech Republic 2 Korun
MGM Grand Hotel arcade token

Also went thru $100 in quarters to see how many of the states I could find. Got all of them except Texas and Florida.

Found out that the B of A I got to regularly throws away their foreign coins too! From now on they'll save them for me. Cool!

Happy hunting all!

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Immy, Why would they take foriegn coins in in the first place? Unless mixed in rolls, I'm sure they would notice if loose. Then they would have to open the rolls, which they probably do before sending out to depository. So did I answer my own question.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldinmypan said:
Immy, Why would they take foriegn coins in in the first place? Unless mixed in rolls, I'm sure they would notice if loose. Then they would have to open the rolls, which they probably do before sending out to depository. So did I answer my own question.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. You're right they probably find 'em when they have to crack open a new roll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread