OP
OP
wheres_wheatie

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
coins can be made into gift cards or ecerts. for free, no charge.... but what I really want to know is if anyone has ever done it for any reason.

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I would never do it but hey that is just me, I want silver for free....coinstar is not free.
Best Regards, Ray

desecrator

Jul 7, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've put $200 in halves into a coinstar at a local Tops... the machine was just fine, however, the store called the police because it was apparently suspicious. I had to explain CRH to the police.

I hate people

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheres_wheatie said:
coins can be made into gift cards or ecerts. for free, no charge.... but what I really want to know is if anyone has ever done it for any reason.

I did only once a year ago. I had a lot of grungy pennies (found in the ground type) that I didn't feel like tumbling clean. Had a full baggy. I started feeding the coins and it was rejecting them faster than I could feed. I took the rejects and tried to run those through and the machine just stopped and the screen said to see the store manager. ???

I quickly gathered up all uncounted coins and quietly left the store. ;D

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I have never used one of those machines. I remember reading a post from someone quite some time ago doing that though. Apparently it only took like 50 at a time or something, so the lady at the bank had to stand there and take them out when it got that high. I don't know if all machines are like that or if I'm even remembering that right. Not sure. About the gift card thing, if I were to do it, I would rather have cash, where I can spend it as I please instead of having to buy $1000 of stuff from Amazon or something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread