COLD GOLD DAY !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I managed to get some swing time in today with a friend of mine...( Fenway)... Went to beach # 1 and only pulled some sinkers and a couple of crusty coins...Headed to beach # 2 and swung up high for about a half hour...Junk and more junk...asked my buddy if he got anything out in the mud / sand. He said an old bathing buckle...Ok I liked the sound of that, so I ran down...I mean I walked down calmly to the mud area, and got the first good signal rite off...Yes you guessed it, Nice big fat 14 K Wedding Band...ok on the board...what a relief... continued for a couple more hours, a few musket balls and some greenies was in order... Going again tomorrow...Different mode tomorrow. Listening for the changes in threshold. Digging everything.. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Theres ice fishing. Now we have snow swinging. Sweet gold. Must have looked real nice with all the white stuff around. Congrats

sent from a sending device.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Who's the guy with no hair? Haha, Sweet Cooold Gold there buddy, and you earned it..:thumbsup:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this is just amazing. Determination is a value that you hold sir. Congratulations to you on your amazing find, and good luck on your future adventures in that area!

Sluice

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you are running X2... not 1000...
Let me ask...
IS it affected by the cold at all ?
What are your settings at in cold versus warm if any ?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice gold, Whydah! Was the digging easy in the sand, or chunky?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I see you are running X2... not 1000...
Let me ask...
IS it affected by the cold at all ?
What are your settings at in cold versus warm if any ?

One thing you have to be careful is the temps and condensation. I try and let the detector adjust to the out door temps before I submerge mine in 34 to 36 degree waters and if she starts acting stupid pull her out...No difference in setting, and very little if any difference between the Old Blue and Green. This day I was using a Green..wt 36

Attachments

• OBN0001.jpg
    OBN0001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Way to show up those warm weather southern hunters. With the winds you had, I am sure there is more where that came from.. Happy Hunting, Beach Papa

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Nice goin' Whydah!:headbang:

Beautiful find!
Lorraine

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
LOL that would be me...I was sweating from all the sinkers...I dug...no hat no hair...All the same..LOL OBN Happy New Year buddy
Theres ice fishing. Now we have snow swinging. Sweet gold. Must have looked real nice with all the white stuff around. Congrats

sent from a sending device.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No warm up time just ran a special program that I have tweaked over the years, if you search around on the internet you can find others in YOUR area that have settings that will work for you...Good luck and Happy Hunting..
Wow, this is just amazing. Determination is a value that you hold sir. Congratulations to you on your amazing find, and good luck on your future adventures in that area!

Sluice

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Very easy digging the sand and mud yesterday... it was fairly warm...30's...the more you dig the hotter I got...actually had to peal a couple layers off..
Way to stick out the cold for the gold!!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Lorraine... I see you have been digging too...Keep up the good work....see you soon?

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Great hunt yesterday buddy. I'm glad you got a nice goldie! :thumbsup: I think I have about 20 heavy lead sinkers from yesterday! I know I was at least in the right spot!

As always, thanks for the lessons. Looking forward to returning....

Fenway

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
yes you were in deed in the rite spots...Lead leads to GOLD... Heavy Heavy... it needs more attention from us in a different mode next round...oh and don't forget lead is almost as good as gold... now down to .40 cents a lb but still worth taking out and saving as we always do...talk soon...
Great hunt yesterday buddy. I'm glad you got a nice goldie! :thumbsup: I think I have about 20 heavy lead sinkers from yesterday! I know I was at least in the right spot!

As always, thanks for the lessons. Looking forward to returning....

Fenway

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Would love to get back up there, Whydah; Hank talks about it all the time, but it all depends on how smoothly his recovery progresses.

It would be great to get in a hunt with you and "the gang" again.

Lorraine

Thanks Lorraine... I see you have been digging too...Keep up the good work....see you soon?

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Nice find there. Thanks for sharing the pics too. hh gl -Joe

I managed to get some swing time in today with a friend of mine...( Fenway)... Went to beach # 1 and only pulled some sinkers and a couple of crusty coins...Headed to beach # 2 and swung up high for about a half hour...Junk and more junk...asked my buddy if he got anything out in the mud / sand. He said an old bathing buckle...Ok I liked the sound of that, so I ran down...I mean I walked down calmly to the mud area, and got the first good signal rite off...Yes you guessed it, Nice big fat 14 K Wedding Band...ok on the board...what a relief... continued for a couple more hours, a few musket balls and some greenies was in order... Going again tomorrow...Different mode tomorrow. Listening for the changes in threshold. Digging everything.. View attachment 1112704 View attachment 1112705 View attachment 1112706 View attachment 1112707 View attachment 1112708

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread