Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
What is up Tnet:hello:

Just got my detector back from being fixed i snapped it in half a few weeks ago..

Got out to a cellar i had already been to but for some reason i had a feeling to go back:icon_scratch:

It was snowy and slushy but i ended up pulling this killer 1775 "Liberty" buckle and gave me the push to hit it hard.It was my first dig
2thumbsup.gif

I cannot find this particular buckle anywhere online but im sure its Revolutionary War related..I read something about a Albany regiment but no pics.So a positve ID is needed please..

Felt good to get out i also grabbed a childs toy pewter iron..Imagine that,this is what children played with:laughing7:

Colonial chape and a smoked like cheech and chong Largie..

Good luck out there:hello:

~Blaze~

Attachments

• Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 941
  • Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 680
  • Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 794
  • Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 673
  • Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 630
  • Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 624
  • Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 654
  • Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 667
  • Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 581
  • Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 612
  • Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0959(1).PNG
    IMG_0959(1).PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Upvote 61
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
The item first belonged to the Rex Stark collection and then to the John W. Armiger (Jr.) Collection. The Armigers both father and son some to have a lot to do with veterans awareness and that of fire/police/public saftey in the Baltimore, MD area. John Jr. helps maintain a scholarship for Maryland college/university students with an interest in public safety issues. I say all of this because John Jr sits on the board of the scholarship and it has a website and email address. So you could if you wish reach out to John Jr and he may have more information on this piece.

I will say that the other Armiger collection items sold at Cowans auction at that time were both numerous and of good quality. Might have to remind him about this piece if you get ahold of him.

Thanks for your research man i emailed him so we will see!!

~Blaze~

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right! They're not going to pay a lot for something that's not period.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TreasureNet

They would if they are a risk taker, because if that was proved to be an American Army Revolutionary War dated cartridge plate marked with the soldiers initials you would be talking more like $25,000 - $50,000. So the price is actually much too low.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would if they are a risk taker, because if that was proved to be an American Army Revolutionary War dated cartridge plate marked with the soldiers initials you would be talking more like $25,000 - $50,000. So the price is actually much too low.
Dang, if JB could get half that then he could retire and buy a shrimp boat like he secretly told me he wanted to do! :)

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, if JB could get half that then he could retire and buy a shrimp boat like he secretly told me he wanted to do! :)

Im talkin bout a shrimp kitchen boat..

All the shrimp you can eat!!

Attachments

• Bubba+Forrest+Gump.jpg
    Bubba+Forrest+Gump.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 96

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, but the big problem is without unequivocal proof it's speculation and it's going to take something pretty solid to be accepted. As they often say in politics, it's going to be a heavy lift.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, but the big problem is without unequivocal proof it's speculation and it's going to take something pretty solid to be accepted. As they often say in politics, it's going to be a heavy lift.

But you know as well as i do its an authentic piece IP...It's a natural feeling for us Treasure seekers.....

~Blaze~

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you know as well as i do its an authentic piece IP...It's a natural feeling for us Treasure seekers.....

~Blaze~

If definitely has some age to it, and as I seen on Facebook even Don Troiani said collectors who thought fantasy piece will have to rethink it now. But unfortunately it being old isn't enough. I have no idea if it will ever be solved, but even as a mystery item it's pretty cool and now you're part of the history writing the latest chapter. I actually think it's banner find, not for what the auction house suggests it is, but it's just such an interesting relic.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is absolutely AMAZING! Congrats of finding something amazing and curse you for adding ANOTHER item on to the ole bucket list! Who wouldn't want to find one of these!? Banner nomination for sure!

I see the marking on the auction buckle is different, were the letter on top for someone's initials or the name of a military unit or something? If it IS personalized with someone's initials (and you can find the other piece) you might be able to do some research on that area and maybe match a name to the initials! Good luck and it's a KILLER find! BANNER!

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Indeed what you have is a Rev War period box plate. It is missing the right side of which was the letter "M"0r "H" on it. A complete one that just sold at an Historic Americana auction in June brought $2875 that included a 20% buyer's fee. It had 3 loops on the back. Yours is missing the top left one. To expensive for me to buy if it were for sale but I have a friend that would offer you $2000 even though it is not complete. Please let me know if your interested and I will refer him to you. I am a relic hunter as well and congrats on a great find.
Gary

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just sent you a messege if possibly interested in selling the relic. If not I certainly understand. My email is [email protected]. Please let me know if no interest and I will let the guy know. Thanks Gary

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed what you have is a Rev War period box plate. It is missing the right side of which was the letter "M"0r "H" on it. A complete one that just sold at an Historic Americana auction in June brought $2875 that included a 20% buyer's fee. It had 3 loops on the back. Yours is missing the top left one. To expensive for me to buy if it were for sale but I have a friend that would offer you $2000 even though it is not complete. Please let me know if your interested and I will refer him to you. I am a relic hunter as well and congrats on a great find.
Gary

Great info Gary. Thought you might be from Maine by your screen name. There's a town here in Maine called Castine with incredible military history

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Gary

Great info man:thumbsup:

Do you know what the letters on top stood for??
Im 99% sure i know the soldier this belonged to but his name does not start with "L" like my buckle??

~Blaze~

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup indeed I hunted Ft George in Castine for 14 years? Last time in late April and found a rare officers buckle frame close to Trask Rock. . I was born and raised in Bangor. Retired Army and now living in Va. My frienf George has interest in your buckle and emailed me earlier this evening in hopes of buying it.
Gary

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary I'm sorry to interrupt you and Johnny B from your conversation but I live in Topsham, Maine and would love to see a pic of your buckle and any other interesting finds you've pulled out. I'm sure it's an impressive list from that area. I recently found a 1652 Pine Tree Shilling here in the mid coast area. I will send you a pm and maybe we can chat more about Castine. I look forward to hearing more as I'm a huge lover of the local history. Specifically the colonial period

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am new to Treasurenet but always enjoy hearing or seeing what others have found. I mainly collect Rev War buttons and relics and a relic hunter now about 20 years. Got to admit it's the most fun I have had with my clothes on. Always wanted to post a few relics and may soon to get some Feedback. BTW Don Troiani's opinion about your relic a fantasy piece \I would not believe . Suspect he wil probably have a remark or two about that to offer. Signing off but can be reached again at [email protected]. Happy hunting.
Gary

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I am new to Treasurenet but always enjoy hearing or seeing what others have found. I mainly collect Rev War buttons and relics and a relic hunter now about 20 years. Got to admit it's the most fun I have had with my clothes on. Always wanted to post a few relics and may soon to get some Feedback. BTW Don Troiani's opinion about your relic a fantasy piece \I would not believe . Suspect he wil probably have a remark or two about that to offer. Signing off but can be reached again at [email protected]. Happy hunting.
Gary

Im still looking for the other piece..I hope i find it!!

Can you find out what the top letters stand for??

~Blaze~

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John- Can you tell me if this relic was found in the Bennington area? Still researching it.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread