Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
What is up Tnet:hello:

Just got my detector back from being fixed i snapped it in half a few weeks ago..

Got out to a cellar i had already been to but for some reason i had a feeling to go back:icon_scratch:

It was snowy and slushy but i ended up pulling this killer 1775 "Liberty" buckle and gave me the push to hit it hard.It was my first dig
2thumbsup.gif

I cannot find this particular buckle anywhere online but im sure its Revolutionary War related..I read something about a Albany regiment but no pics.So a positve ID is needed please..

Felt good to get out i also grabbed a childs toy pewter iron..Imagine that,this is what children played with:laughing7:

Colonial chape and a smoked like cheech and chong Largie..

Good luck out there:hello:

~Blaze~

Attachments

• Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 941
  • Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 680
  • Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 794
  • Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 673
  • Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 630
  • Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 624
  • Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 654
  • Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 667
  • Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 581
  • Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 612
  • Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0959(1).PNG
    IMG_0959(1).PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Upvote 61

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bury that merc dime at a time that ends in 8 at 8". Then urin8 on that spot 8 times. The curse shall be broken until you dig your next merc

It's raining out... have another suggestion? :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's raining out... have another suggestion? :)

Hmmm I suppose you could do it in your living room :-). But you may end up in your basement with the whole 8" thing. If just get wet my friend. It's worth it lol

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your buckle finally making the BANNER Johnny! :occasion14:

That was a beautiful find buddy!
I just got home from Maine last night, man that Nor'easter is something else! :laughing7:
Dave

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I suppose you could do it in your living room :-). But you may end up in your basement with the whole 8" thing. If just get wet my friend. It's worth it lol

Too bad I don't drink much anymore! :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok great Hoggeeeee, the question I have for you is.... Why have I not found a single silver coin this year?
Neither did I. Misery loves company. In "our" case.....we are both miserable so here's to ya!:occasion14: Have you tried prayer??

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner, I hope one day you find out its meaning, thats the cool bit, I think.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither did I. Misery loves company. In "our" case.....we are both miserable so here's to ya!:occasion14: Have you tried prayer??

No, didn't try a prayer because the detecting god would think I'm greedy. (I am but he can't know that)

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really late to the party, but had to comment on this amazing find- CONGRATS on that piece! And CONGTRATS on the banner!!! (If it had a 'T' and the missing letter was 'A', it could have been my ancestor! statue in Enfield). Anyone wonder if this was a personal item made for the person 'because they could'? Seems like with all the rearranging of regiments, it would have been hard to nail down exactly what to engrave on that special piece if it belonged to just a roving soldier... Unless the person who had it was of the Highlands all along.
Anyway, I just wanted to say- this whole saga has held- and will continue to hold my attention. Hope you find more evidence! HH! Yakker

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Ok great Hoggeeeee, the question I have for you is.... Why have I not found a single silver coin this year?

Now that is what makes this an interesting hobby. Last year was a killer year for me on Large Coppers and not too much silver to go with that, Then this year was a great year for silver and early one's at that, and yet just a few Large Coppers. Then you have IP with no Silver at all :dontknow:. I know IP you will just dig up the "Holy Grail" next time out, So who needs Silver anyways :laughing7:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what kcinmt is saying that if it's a buckle, it may have been a two-piecer originally where the part marked "buckle" would've pivoted on the little connecting section shown on the auction example.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is what makes this an interesting hobby. Last year was a killer year for me on Large Coppers and not too much silver to go with that, Then this year was a great year for silver and early one's at that, and yet just a few Large Coppers. Then you have IP with no Silver at all :dontknow:. I know IP you will just dig up the "Holy Grail" next time out, So who needs Silver anyways :laughing7:

That is for sure! I don't get out anywhere close to the "old days" and that plays part, but still a little unlucky. This year has certainly been full of twists and turns for the better stuff we dug, and I love it that way because it keeps it interesting, and a person motivated that it seems like almost anything can pop up at anywhere at anytime. We got a break in the weather, and the ground thawed, so have another shot! :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what kcinmt is saying that if it's a buckle, it may have been a two-piecer originally where the part marked "buckle" would've pivoted on the little connecting section shown on the auction example.

If the cross-bar of the 'H' held a pin, I would expect to see a recess where it lay & there are no signs of that.

Duke

Jun 11, 2009
Woodstock N.Y.
Detector(s) used
QXT
That buckle looks like it could be tied to a horse maybe through the holes but there's an obvious belt strap slot I don't know but it definitely looks 1775 I'd love to know more

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread