Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
What is up Tnet:hello:

Just got my detector back from being fixed i snapped it in half a few weeks ago..

Got out to a cellar i had already been to but for some reason i had a feeling to go back:icon_scratch:

It was snowy and slushy but i ended up pulling this killer 1775 "Liberty" buckle and gave me the push to hit it hard.It was my first dig
2thumbsup.gif

I cannot find this particular buckle anywhere online but im sure its Revolutionary War related..I read something about a Albany regiment but no pics.So a positve ID is needed please..

Felt good to get out i also grabbed a childs toy pewter iron..Imagine that,this is what children played with:laughing7:

Colonial chape and a smoked like cheech and chong Largie..

Good luck out there:hello:

~Blaze~

Attachments

• Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 023.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 942
  • Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 021.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 681
  • Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 022.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 795
  • Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 025.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 674
  • Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 631
  • Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 625
  • Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 029.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 655
  • Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 028.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 668
  • Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 009.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 582
  • Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 607
  • Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 613
  • Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    Liberty buckle day 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0959(1).PNG
    IMG_0959(1).PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Upvote 61

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason, I suspect it started out looking something like this:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
For some reason, I suspect it started out looking something like this:

Very interesting..I would like to know what state it was found in to try to narrow these buckles down..

If you would like to sell that pm me please.

Thanks for posting..

~Blaze~

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know I think a lot of guys looking at that plate thought maybe it was another example and just unfinished since you wrote nothing more than what you did. That would have been nice to find out maybe where it originated. However I am not sure why you just did not say it had been photo shopped . I know me and Blaze sent you a PM about more info on it. Now we and everyone else can stop asking. Yup John (Blaze's hand).

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I think a lot of guys looking at that plate thought maybe it was another example and just unfinished since you wrote nothing more than what you did. That would have been nice to find out maybe where it originated. However I am not sure why you just did not say it had been photo shopped . I know me and Blaze sent you a PM about more info on it. Now we and everyone else can stop asking. Yup John (Blaze's hand).

I simply said, " I suspect it started out looking something like this." I thought it was rather obvious that it was his. No deceit intended, and my apologies if you interpreted it that way.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I simply said, " I suspect it started out looking something like this." I thought it was rather obvious that it was his. No deceit intended, and my apologies if you interpreted it that way.

Considering it's in his hand with the same background, if it was an attempt to deceive my advise to you would to never become a criminal. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess no harm done but not "fairly obvious" since me , Blaze and Crusader had questions of which I and blaze sent you a PM about it with no reply. Others reading and seeing it may have as well but did not choose to chime in. However it is the holidays and folks indeed are busy getting ready for Santa. Would have taken that ? mystery away stating it was photo shopped and maybe this is how it might have looked. I and blaze was hoping to continue the mystery of the plate and thought you may have had an answer to put it to rest. Normal for us relic hunters that most times have more questions and answers and hope TN guys and gals can help fill those answers in.

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey IP. Just read your post right after I wrote my last one. Of interest John emailed me morning to check out the new looked like a blank plate and thought it was just that. So I checked it out and was excited to see maybe another example . I think we all get excited seeing relics and maybe the brain don't work well. Yes I suppose one could indeed look at the hand and see it was Blaze's but sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees so "rather obvious" we were not. The one a guy photo shopped was obvious but 3 of us missed that one from Mud Hut.

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess no harm done but not "fairly obvious" since me , Blaze and Crusader had questions of which I and blaze sent you a PM about it with no reply. Others reading and seeing it may have as well but did not choose to chime in. However it is the holidays and folks indeed are busy getting ready for Santa. Would have taken that ? mystery away stating it was photo shopped and maybe this is how it might have looked. I and blaze was hoping to continue the mystery of the plate and thought you may have had an answer to put it to rest. Normal for us relic hunters that most times have more questions and answers and hope TN guys and gals can help fill those answers in.

A: Blaze, Crusader, and you had questions of which Blaze and you sent me a PM about it with no reply .. : Excuse me sir, .. I do not sit at my computer 24 hours a day.

B: I guess no harm done but not "fairly obvious" : If one were to study the posters original photos, it should be rather obvious. As Iron Patch said, Considering it's in his hand with the same background, if it was an attempt to deceive my advise to you would never to become a criminal.

C: Others reading and seeing it may have as well but did not choose to chime in. Or not .. maybe it was obvious to them and felt no need to say anything.

D: Would have taken that ? mystery away stating it was photo shopped and maybe this is how it might have looked: That's pretty much what I insinuated when I said, ":I suspect it started out looking something like this."

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well said and I guess that is enough drama on this post for one day. Guess I just caught you sitting at your computer the right time since soon as I posted got a post about my remarks. Yup your right no one sits online 24 -7 and I understand that.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That was funny i really thought it was a blank plate looking right at my own hand
rofl.gif

I will say your pretty good with that program..

~Blaze~

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was funny i really thought it was a blank plate looking right at my own hand
rofl.gif

I will say your pretty good with that program..

~Blaze~

I look at loads of these posts quickly & in this case my focus was on the 'buckle/plate' which I could see was blank, so it made me think it was a different one. If I had looked harder I would have seen the messed up background. I agree, it would have easier just to have said you had Doctored it, but we all live & learn, including me who will not only focus on the relics in future.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS!!!

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fantastic find! I really like it.. If a cartridge box plate then I do not see how the letters could be a soldier's initials...(?)

Last edited:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a long overdue Banner! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a fantastic find! I really like it.. If a cartridge box plate then I do not see how the letters could be a soldier's initials...(?)

I do believe it's a waist buckle or i was watching the Patriot the other night and a redcoat has the same shaped buckle on his sling i believe..Watch at 33-38 seconds..

~Blaze~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread