Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up on Trough Road today around Yarmony over towards State Bridge, just lookin the river over. No online reservation required. Yet.
4-21aa.jpg
4-21bb.jpg
4-21cc.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth the trip I'm thinking. Maybe 30 years ago now I took the Amtrack up that way.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd camp up there and those trains would come through all night long. Didn't see any today.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We wound up camping in Green River UT one time. Just really a nice place, quiet and not crowded. Our spot was pretty close to the RR tracks. After we went to bed man the trains started up. They would shake the ground! Didn't really bother me that much, as I grew up along the Rock Island line and we had a depot. Every morning at 4 a.m. that train would come through and blow the whistle, maybe wakin you up and causin dogs all over town to start barkin. Kinda comforting, really. That train don't run there no more.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oldest girl is up in Breckenridge yesterday and today and sent this shot yesterday. Looks like your all getting a pretty good dump up there.

Attachments

• IMG_4993.jpg
    IMG_4993.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 15

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We wound up camping in Green River UT one time. Just really a nice place, quiet and not crowded. Our spot was pretty close to the RR tracks. After we went to bed man the trains started up. They would shake the ground! Didn't really bother me that much, as I grew up along the Rock Island line and we had a depot. Every morning at 4 a.m. that train would come through and blow the whistle, maybe wakin you up and causin dogs all over town to start barkin. Kinda comforting, really. That train don't run there no more.
Some real beautiful scenery you have. Thanks for the sharing.

The place we are in now (8yrs) we don't have any trains near. First time in my life that I have't heard the engine whistle blowing. Kind of comforting-yet kind of missing it as well from hearing them all my life nearly.

I have a permission that has a stone house right beside the crossing. Trains go through at 60 miles an hour blowing the whistle. So loud that detecting there is a challenge being so close.
They commented: "When the train strike was on back in XX we couldn't sleep-too quiet." :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread