Colorful Rock For ID'ing

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some sample rocks on the mineral claims that I need help with. Our location is: The Quesnel Trough, also known as the Quesnel Terrane, is a Triassic/Jurassic-age arc of volcanosedimentary and intrusive rocks that hosts a number of alkalic copper-gold porphyry deposits with copper gold and silver values and sometimes molybdenum. The Trough runs northwest some 1,000 km from the U.S. border in south-central British Columbia to close to the Yukon border. Our mineral claims are in the middle of some decent size producing copper mines. Sample one: Thanks to all in advance......

Attachments

• 1B Site 1 Sample.jpg
    1B Site 1 Sample.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 65

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to have some rust in the wetted rock picture so I would think some iron in it along with some green rock in it possibly showing that it has traces of copper in it also which also bodes well for you as gold is found with both.

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to have some rust in the wetted rock picture so I would think some iron in it along with some green rock in it possibly showing that it has traces of copper in it also which also bodes well for you as gold is found with both.
Yes there is some oxidation going on. I'm not sure what the green is, hoping someone will chime in for that.
Thanks Back-of-the-boat for your input....

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes there is some oxidation going on. I'm not sure what the green is, hoping someone will chime in for that.
Thanks Back-of-the-boat for your input....
Malachite is a pretty common green copper mineral and was found in the oxididized zone at the copper mine that I worked for here in Arizona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions