Coming to a town near you!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am starting another adventure tomorrow! The plan is to start out at 9AM from Yarnell and travel (drive) six or seven hours each day. The plan is flexible but let's start with stops at Deming, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Mobile, and Fort Lauderdale area. After an extended stay in Ft. L., I will then visit people in NC, VA, NY, TN, MI, and family in WI. I will return to AZ by way of MN, SD, and other states across the north. Below is my ride. A Lance 880 atop a Dodge Dually, pulling my Wrangler. I thought of just the Dodge but the Wrangler makes a good back-up. Wish me luck!

turtle.JPG I will try to update progress daily... this is a metal detecting adventure! ╦╦C

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Trails Terry.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a GREAT trip! I always wanted to detect the WWI training grounds in Deming but never made it. Hope you find some really nice items!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a dream trip for me....you're a lucky guy!

One suggestion though. With that big camper on back, it's
sure to raise the front end of that Dodge a bit, so be sure
and check your headlight alignment...if not, you're low beams
will be focused too high, and you'll be blinding oncoming drivers.
Not to mention it makes it hard to see the road well.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Safe travels Terry. Hope some of the travels are off the interstates and onto the rural roads.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Even if you don't find nothin, we'll expect to see you posting some interesting pics.

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a wonderful time, and hope you find lots of cool things

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a dream trip for me....you're a lucky guy!

One suggestion though. With that big camper on back, it's
sure to raise the front end of that Dodge a bit, so be sure
and check your headlight alignment...if not, you're low beams
will be focused too high, and you'll be blinding oncoming drivers.
Not to mention it makes it hard to see the road well.
Actually, Dizzy, it balances well. It is heavy, at 3000 pounds but sits up all the way behind the cab so it rides nice. no front end lift. The dually handles the load well. TNX.
╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck & have fun. Why Ft. Lauderdale? I can point you to some wild places in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale is the primary stop because I will detect the Miami/Ft.L area with Pat-Tekker-Cat! I will then head up towards DeepseekerADS (Hello, Roger, it's TIME!) and then Terry Soloman in NY. Also plan on other stops not connected with Treasurenet. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, so much for well made PLANS! I started out Tuesday night at 10:30 PM. Got to Tucson at 2 and parked until 7. Went to breakfast at a popular (for me) café there and hit the road. I am stopping for the night (7:30 pm, local) just east of Van Horn, TX. About 700 miles so far. More than intended but I'm a ROAD WARRIOR! I'll check in tomorrow, somewhere around San Antonio, more or less. Take care. ╦╦C

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honk and wave on your way through W.PA. Safe travels!
I expect to meet Terry Soloman in Matamoras, PA. I will NOT take this ELEPHANT RIG W/Jeep into NY. Too much possibility of an accident. Terry will drive about 1 1/2 to meet me. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LONG DAY!. 683 miles! Stopped at Corpus Christi (beach) TX. Detected for a half hour.
DSC01903.JPG

My TAKE for a half hour
DSC01904.JPG I did not take a pic of the bottle caps and fish hooks.

Could not park overnight on the beach so NOW, at 9PM local, I am stopped for the night. I passed several RV RESORTS. Add that word and they get at least 35 a night. NOPE! On to Galveston in the morning. I'll buy an RV spot there and detect much more. ╦╦C

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Central Indiana has free beer for you!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Corpus once because I thought I wanted to camp by the ocean. So we were at Mustang Island. Not really what I had envisioned, but it was ok. I don't belong anywhere near an ocean.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry Cat! I thought I heard my name somewhere, lol...

So, you wanna come scratch around in the Florida litter box some.... :laughing7:
It's still here, sanded in, and practically tourists free, for the longest time now. :BangHead:
We'll fit that monstrosity of a moving/living contraption in here some how,
the neighbor said I could put one of my trucks on his lot, give us some extra room.

I forgot to ask, what kinda salad dressing you like? Lemme know...
I do the Ranch, like a house dressing (I said 'house' not 'mouse') :laughing7:
We got good Fla corn coming in now, I be eating a lot of cobb salads...
Gotta loose that cov25lbs I gained... my cat suits don't fit no more... :laughing7:

saladcat (2).jpg

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Safe travels!! What a great community we have where you can just travel around, meet up with other great people that you come to know on this site and then enjoy one of the best hobbies out there!! Have a great trip and find that treasure:skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread