Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Quick Draw II

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"laws"? None to be concerned about down there. Or for that matter, CA in general. Only a few "federally run/owned" beaches supposedly have any rules. And those are only a few beaches of the thousands here, and only hit-&-miss enforced. No fed. beaches in So. Ca that I'm aware of, at least not that have been a problem.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I bet you're excited!!!! No laws......If hunting by water line in the day, just fill holes due to people love to jog between the surf line. I like going early in the morning before it gets hot and full of people some times by 11am in the summertime. And then grab your fishing poles and spend the rest of the day fishing on the pier no license required!!!! Or rent them(poles).

Have funnnnn!!!
Happy Hunting
Rob

:hello2: :wav: :sunny:

OP
OP
NewbieTR

NewbieTR

Dec 31, 2007
Memphis
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Quick Draw II
Rob66 said:
I bet you're excited!!!! No laws......If hunting by water line in the day, just fill holes due to people love to jog between the surf line. I like going early in the morning before it gets hot and full of people some times by 11am in the summertime. And then grab your fishing poles and spend the rest of the day fishing on the pier no license required!!!! Or rent them(poles).

Have funnnnn!!!
Happy Hunting
Rob

:hello2: :wav: :sunny:

Well, excited that I'm going to spend at least two days at my leisure. The rest of the time, I'll be working in our Beverly Hills office :-(

Thanks for the info!

Milorisen

Nov 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post was from 10 years ago. Is it still accurate that their are no MD laws in California, or very few? Including detecting at the beaches?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post was from 10 years ago. Is it still accurate that their are no MD laws in California, or very few? Including detecting at the beaches?
Yes, pretty much. There are a few towns that require a permit but at no or low cost. Beaches are all open. Hard to believe in a state that loves to pass laws and control everything. But gold prospecting is a different story.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Well, it depends on who you ask this question to.

If you ask a purist archie, then YES: You can't detect anywhere. Including the beaches. Lest you "disturb an indian bone". Or "... Rob future generations of learning about their past". And "rip items from context" (Shame on you).

In other words: If you ask long enough and hard enough, you can ALWAYS find someone who'll say you can't even pick your own nose. Ie.: "ask a silly question, and you'll get a silly answer". I can find "laws" that tell me I can't spit on sidewalks.

Ok, so... perhaps the real question is "Does anyone really care ?" If THAT was your question then: Just avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments. And avoid bored rangers at federal beaches (fortunately only a few beaches in the entire state of CA) and .... you're fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread