Concerning Osterbergs Quick Gold

B

bryan_northwest

Concerning Osterberg's Quick Gold

I noticed at one time or another some people had questions about the Osterberg's Quick Gold Separator, I would be happy to answer ANY questions about the operations of this unit. The one question that I saw and can answer right now concerning "does it work" the answer is you can bet the farm it works!!!!! This article was put in the wrong category the first time I submitted it so I thought I'd resubmit it here in case some dredgers didn't frequent the gold nugget area. My email is [email protected] or I will check in here from time to time. Until then, happy prospecting everybody!

Bryan OSTERBERG
RIP Dan OSTERBERG (02-10-07)

Upvote 0

steppegold

Greenie
Dec 17, 2005
Re: Concerning Osterberg's Quick Gold

Hi Bryan - I read your post with interest. I've been studying rather a lot of patents on gold recovery devices over the last year or so and Dan Osterberg's is one that is quite outstanding. I think it will help everyone who has an Osterberg 'Quick Gold Separator' to dowload the patent: US #4,451,359.

After reading the patent about a year ago, I was wondering if the device ever went into production. Then recently I was on Coloradoprospector forum and was pleasantly surprised to see pictures of the "Quick Gold Separator", one picture by gold_tutor and a string of them by Gat-Wa, and quite positive comments too. I added a post yesterday that also allows the patent from USPTO to be downloaded immediately in ACROBAT, and of course people can also mess about with Google Patent or USPTO to do the same but it takes a while longer.

Bryan, a question. Is the 'Quick Gold Separator' still for sale? If so where can I order it from? Also do you have any photos of it in operation that you could either post here or could email to me as attachments?

The reason for my interest is two-fold. Partly as I am researching all manner of devices for fine gold recovery and this invention is an important milestone in my opinion. The second is rather a serious one, as I live in Mongolia (since 1995) and am doing what I can when I can to combat the terrible mercury pollution that a lot of the 100,000 illegal miners (the ninjas) are causing. Indeed I'm off to the Gobi Desert this morning to see the current situation as its getting worse. So I am on the hunt for low-cost easy-to-use devices for recovering fine gold down to 60 microns or better as that would lock horns with mercury (you may know mercury is useless for finer gold than that).

Some quick questions -
1. What size should the feed be screened to before feeding it to the device?
2. Did you or Dan do any test reports or notes on the % gold recovery, or do you have an opinion on this. It should be rather good!

cheers
;D
Steppe
Mongolia

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Wow, isn't this hilarious. Hmm...wonder if you 2 know each other...

steppegold

Greenie
Dec 17, 2005

Hi djui5 - never been to America, believe its full of nice people.
Have a great day

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ

djui5 said:
Wow, isn't this hilarious. Hmm...wonder if you 2 know each other...
I know/recognize steppegold from a few other sites and he's as genuine as it gets in his efforts to dig up info on fine gold recovery. His threads over at the Alaska Prospecting Forums on his experiences in the Gobi with artisinal miners are fascinating. Haven't seem him on TNet before, but he's a welcome addition in my book.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yeah I also know steepe from other sites, a great guy! ;D ;)
I've also never seen him here before...Welcome steppe! ;D

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Oh ok, sorry then. Just seemed like a double spam post :)

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ

I totally know what you mean, but steppe's legit and I must admit I'm curious to learn more about this Quick Gold thing. Don't think I've seen one before.

OP
OP
B

bryan_northwest

Glad to see there is some interest :) I have answered by email some questions that were sent....please see your email if you made any inquires

Bryan

PS I am in the CDA Idaho / Spokane Washington area if anyone wants a demo of the quick gold.....but I only have the one so I cannot sell it at any price (well within reason of course LOL ) but if you have a 5 gallon bucket you'd love to go through that could be done but of course you'd have to come to this area.

Bryan Osterberg (the inventor of the unit was my father by the...he lost a 3yr battle with colon cancer last Feb.)

umpqua_gold

Greenie
Jul 26, 2008

i am with steppe,
this device intrigues me, as it is simple to use. a personal friend of mine has a device that will get down to 300 mesh gold, in one step, using a combination of a e-tank/e-tower concept. we plan on videotaping this in action, and posting it on youtube or some such site. this device is unpatented, for reasons best left to the inventor, mr. king. what he has created is a continuous feed machine, meaning there is NO downtime, and when you see your gold is piling up, you merely shoot out the gold into a catchcup. simple. i can guarantee personally that this works, this is no bs, and could quite possibly be of some interest to you, steppe.

i for one would like to have one of these ostenberg devices.... i have created one, kind of, out of parts you can find at lowes..... no, its not the goldpype, lol. see my post on elutration at 49ermikes. maybe one of you guys can improve on this.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

yep you guys need to look at what he has done to make this work.it is similar to one ive seen but in bigger scale. id love to make one that would hold two 55 gallon drums at one time. lots of weight!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread