devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Confetrit' rectangular belt plate is a Great Save. Well Done. These are rare. Maybe it found its way North by a veteran of the Union Army having been taken as a souvenir from a Confetrit' prisoner during the war. Fun to think about.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely real, definitely bent a little. They did have a slight curvature to them but yours is a bit bent but beautiful. The link ARC shows was a modified buckle, yours is likely closer to 3-5 grand value. Banner vote in!!

PickTime

Jun 17, 2022
FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nice find, congratulations. Camp Chase, just west of Columbus, was a Confederate prison during the Civil War. Around 10,000 were confined, with a couple of thousand dying there. It might help explain C.S.A. relics being in that part of the state. Items were often bartered with local merchants, especially during the early days of the war.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely real, definitely bent a little. They did have a slight curvature to them but yours is a bit bent but beautiful. The link ARC shows was a modified buckle, yours is likely closer to 3-5 grand value. Banner vote in!!
Which one (link) Gunsil ?... i posted 2 i think .

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one (link) Gunsil ?... i posted 2 i think .
The one for $2150 is either a fake or heavily modified. None ever had belt attachments like the shown buckle. The OP buckle is called a "Georgia" or "Atlanta" model. I had one dug by a man in his rose garden in Atlanta back in the 50s, I got it in 1970 in St Augustine, the burglars got it in 1975.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one for $2150 is either a fake or heavily modified. None ever had belt attachments like the shown buckle. The OP buckle is called a "Georgia" or "Atlanta" model. I had one dug by a man in his rose garden in Atlanta back in the 50s, I got it in 1970 in St Augustine, the burglars got it in 1975.
Figured... just did a quick search and post ...was only looking primarily for a price... which fit close to my estimate.
Should have paid closer attention to the actual buckle etc.
I assumed that it MUST BE real if they were asking / sold for that price... heh

Silly me :P

***ARC says in a thundering voice... "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN"***

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread