Confederate civil war gold series

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what’s the deal with this now, dint some guy find a massive treasure in Missouri recently according to terry carter on YouTube, could be wrong, so what’s in Lake Michigan or in the caves of Utah, thanks. I just want the real truth on this or is this just another oak island adventure thanks mates

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Confederate army had all this gold, they would have won the war. They lost partly because they were fighting with obsolete pistols and rifles. Hard to fight with a single shot pistol when your enemy has a revolver! Why would they stash all this gold and not use it to better arm their men? I'm sorry, but ALL these stories are just rumors and legends. In the 150 years since the war ended, has anyone ever found ANY Civil War gold stashed anywhere? I'm mean actual gold, not gold that the FBI stole and no one has a photo of! Lol!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate gold would probably be Dahlonega Gold.

"Gold Coins of the Dahlonega Mint 1838 - 1861: A Numismatic History and Analysis. The gold coins struck at the Dahlonega Georgia Mint during the years 1838-1861 are some of the most sought after in all of numismatics. The historical significance of the Dahlonega Mint and its coins has a certain appeal that attracts collectors from all over the world."

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So where did all the gold coins go then

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thet were turned in around May of 1933 to the government or they were stashed. I have never seen a Gold coin that is worn like the Silver coins in circulation when I was a kid.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show was ok. It seemed like the guy did a lot of research. Alas it never came back on. Coopers Treasures was another one that was OK and not renewed.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah more potential then this gilligan island, oh gold coins gee why would you give back to government cause they lock you up. Another example of corr and we do nothing

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how many gold coins returned any record of it, nobody can afford now so what’s the next precious metal they want back

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Macaydon. Forgot Charlotte they were actually under Confederate control for a short while. Interesting story on that particular mint. Never seen a coin posted from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread