Confederate made Civil War College Hill Arsenal Foot Officers Sword Pommel and Victorian era Crucifix dug in Shelbyville area

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
I’ve been blessed with a good start to the Fall relic hunting season. I dug a Confederate made Civil War Foot Officers Sword Pommel and a Victorian era Crucifix at the same site that I also recently dug a US Belt Buckle at in the Shelbyville TN area.
Update: I’ve received a positive ID that the pommel came off of a super rare Confederate made College Hill Arsenal Foot Officers Sword (CSA marked).

Foot Officers pommel and Crucifix front.jpg Foot Officers pommel and Crucifix back.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been blessed with a good start to the Fall relic hunting season. I dug a Civil War Foot Officers Sword Pommel and a Victorian era Crucifix at the same site that I also recently dug a US Belt Buckle at in the Shelbyville TN area. I think the Sword Pommel is Confederate made but I don’t have enough knowledge on swords to be certain. Any input as to the identity of the sword the pommel might have come from is super appreciated.

View attachment 1987192 View attachment 1987193
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been blessed with a good start to the Fall relic hunting season. I dug a Civil War Foot Officers Sword Pommel and a Victorian era Crucifix at the same site that I also recently dug a US Belt Buckle at in the Shelbyville TN area. I think the Sword Pommel is Confederate made but I don’t have enough knowledge on swords to be certain. Any input as to the identity of the sword the pommel might have come from is super appreciated.

Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

great saves, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread