Connecticut to sign gun controls after Newtown massacre

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was this strictly along party lines or did anyone cross the aisle? Is everyone against the gun crime registry? I would think since the goal of pro gunners is to keep guns out of the hands if criminal that it would be ok? Not sure - any opinions on that part?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A registry is nothing more than a database for the govt to tax guns and confiscate guns...Won't prevent crime at all.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
But isn't Conn. just a place to sleep because you work someplace else? Some tiny piss-ant little state, sort of like those non gun-toting countries of Europe? Can't take them seriously...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
But isn't Conn. just a place to sleep because you work someplace else? Some tiny piss-ant little state, sort of like those non gun-toting countries of Europe? Can't take them seriously...

Yup, that state is a joke along with some others. Have to take them seriously though as their ways are like a cancer that spreads and kills...

Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's why I'm glad I live in Arizona. Well except for the fact Yuma is on the border, makes it a little crazy down here, but guns are not an issue in this state.

Now I don't need any gun control speech, mine are controlled from holster to target.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A registry is nothing more than a database for the govt to tax guns and confiscate guns...Won't prevent crime at all.

It will be the most incomplete registry in this country....We have well over 300 million guns in America, and those numbers were before all the recent attacks on our 2nd amendment by the left so how many more millions can be added to that figure...Of the 300 million less that 3.5 million are currently registered......

Don't know about any of you, but I am never running down and registering any firearms I own, and I will continue to support in voice and finance the fight against the left's attempt to disarm you and I and America...............

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will be the most incomplete registry in this country....We have well over 300 million guns in America, and those numbers were before all the recent attacks on our 2nd amendment by the left so how many more millions can be added to that figure...Of the 300 million less that 3.5 million are currently registered......

Don't know about any of you, but I am never running down and registering any firearms I own, and I will continue to support in voice and finance the fight against the left's attempt to disarm you and I and America...............

I don't think it's just the left - correct. Sounds like there were republicans voting in favor of many if these laws in some of these states.

Did you consider Reagan a liberal?? He was very vocal in favor of the FAWB??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the sponsors of all the new gun laws being proposed and tell me what side of they aisle they come from..?

I haven't looked, don't have time now, post any of the new gun proposals going before state or federal legislature that originated from a Republican...

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As I've said before, I will take all your guns, melt them down and make homes and shelters for everyone.
If every other word out of people's mouths remains "constitution" or "guns," we will never get anywhere.
Guns are pointless. They were and ARE created out of fear.
We don't need to be able to kill everything, sometimes it's o.k to recognize, "hey, maybe we are just too human and should leave this alone."
I heard someone say "United States of Ammunition" today. I barfed mentally all over my brain.
Of course this is all talk from some WA State 25yr old that was shot in the back at the age of 14 from a stray bullett. Don't believe me? Don't make me post a pic hahaha!!!
Let's change the word guns to water and try to give everybody that ok?
Love ya TNet, I'm gonna be all over these 2nd Amend Watchdog forums;).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want get a one of mine to build anything with.

2nd amendment guarantees the right of the American people to keep and bear arms, it is not open for debate here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He's just trolling trying to get people worked up Treasure, he did it on the Outdoor Channel thread too. Good conversation hijacked by a troll, typical...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the sponsors of all the new gun laws being proposed and tell me what side of they aisle they come from..?

I haven't looked, don't have time now, post any of the new gun proposals going before state or federal legislature that originated from a Republican...

But look at the voting ... Even with threats of bad grades from big gun and their lobbyists republicans are voting for these bills. If 90 percent of the population believes in background checks than that obviously includes an awful lot of republican voters.

And what do you think about Reagan's views on the fawb ?? Not sure too many consider him to be a "liberal" do they?

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No no, I'm not trying to get people worked up. Just trying to change some minds. If you want to get angry about something get angry about the handful of people that have been shot and killed somewhere in the world as I type this.
Ever tried that? Ever try looking at your watch every 3-5mins and going "damn, multiple people have been shot and raped, maybe I should do something more about this."
Then wait another 5 mins. And another, and another. Maybe get out a pencil and pad, makes some tack/dash marks. Eventually your mindset will really see how things are going.
Doesn't everybody's gut just SCREAM at them that this is all wrong and guns will NEVER be able to FIX anything.
He's just trolling trying to get people worked up Treasure, he did it on the Outdoor Channel thread too. Good conversation hijacked by a troll, typical...

Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No no, I'm not trying to get people worked up. Just trying to change some minds. If you want to get angry about something get angry about the handful of people that have been shot and killed somewhere in the world as I type this.
Ever tried that? Ever try looking at your watch every 3-5mins and going "damn, multiple people have been shot and raped, maybe I should do something more about this."
Then wait another 5 mins. And another, and another. Maybe get out a pencil and pad, makes some tack/dash marks. Eventually your mindset will really see how things are going.
Doesn't everybody's gut just SCREAM at them that this is all wrong and guns will NEVER be able to FIX anything.

It's ok calm down, you can't stop all the guns and rapes. Just relax and you'll be ok you're going all crazy worrying about problems you can't fix sitting behind your computer. If you want to help go volunteer at a shelter, church, rape counseling center. You can't make a difference complaining about it on a treasure forum, go out and make changes. Get out and help people and MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is true a few republican reps as well as people try to pass themselves off as conservative and Republican when their views reveal they are actually closet liberal....

As far as 92% for background checks those numbers are coming from liberal media sources so I am personally not putting putting much stock in them....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
But look at the voting ... Even with threats of bad grades from big gun and their lobbyists republicans are voting for these bills. If 90 percent of the population believes in background checks than that obviously includes an awful lot of republican voters.

And what do you think about Reagan's views on the fawb ?? Not sure too many consider him to be a "liberal" do they?

LOL! He was from California, wasn't he...? IN FACT... GOVERNOR, like ARNOLD!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's to bad all my guns were lost in a canoeing accident. Darn thing just tipped right over in the middle of the lake. Some how I managed to stay perfectly dry while drinking my 44oz big gulp soda. I guess I cant register...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread