Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Daily Reporter

Greenfield, Indiana
07 Aug 1912, Wed
000ccc.jpg

bkcorbin82

Feb 6, 2023
I actually know where this is located and could probably get permission to search. you can actually see where the pond used to be on google maps. I have a drone and am a licensed FAA unmanned pilot. Im going to do a flyover of it as even though its in the airspace of the airport i can get permission. I also metal detect, AT Pro and Ace 400. All a man would need is permission and rent a GPR unit for a day or two to scan field. Those are usually $100-$300 a day. Detecting you wouldnt be able to get deep enough since pond was filled in.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually know where this is located and could probably get permission to search. you can actually see where the pond used to be on google maps. I have a drone and am a licensed FAA unmanned pilot. Im going to do a flyover of it as even though its in the airspace of the airport i can get permission. I also metal detect, AT Pro and Ace 400. All a man would need is permission and rent a GPR unit for a day or two to scan field. Those are usually $100-$300 a day. Detecting you wouldnt be able to get deep enough since pond was filled in.
Let's go!!!! I'm just down the road!

bkcorbin82

Feb 6, 2023
Don't forget me !! You know...the guy that did the research.

Send message !
I've heard about this before not trying to steal your research :) You can still see the ponds impression left on the field. Articles note that the pond didnt drain into the river, you can actually see the path of drainage outlined in the photo. Lowell Risch owns the property, Id say a lot of earth was moved to fill it in. To house pike and such water couldnt freeze in winter so we are talking 10' or deeper to the treasure if its still there. Article mentions half moon pond not sure on location but this is goose pond

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 11

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
bkorbin82 - No problem here., otherwise, I wouldn't have posted the story. It is a site that I was hoping to hunt one day. Other sites, unfortunately, have been taking up my time. Not enough hours in the day. So I thought if someone else gets interested, perhaps we could form a team. Having a team member closer to the sites improves the logistics necessary to hunting it.

If you send me your email address via TNet messaging, I'll send you some more information on this site.

Last edited:

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
bkcorbin82 mentioned above about the Half Moon pond, so I thought I'd try to locate it. I found this article in the research. Seems the gold was not in Goose Pond. This article came out a year later, 1913, after the above article.

Half moon pond article 1913-a.JPG

Half moon pond article 1913-b.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread