Contact the Hoover boys

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's been such a great and refreshing moment to watch almost every episode of the Hoover boys that it would be an extreme honor to say hi to them up front. What will it take to let them know they have a very super cool pal here at Puerto Rico wishing to link with them over the distance? Can this forum be a link? Thanks "LP"

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad is a member here and will probably see your post.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold coins might work?

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been such a great and refreshing moment to watch almost every episode of the Hoover boys that it would be an extreme honor to say hi to them up front. What will it take to let them know they have a very super cool pal here at Puerto Rico wishing to link with them over the distance? Can this forum be a link? Thanks "LP"

PM me your address, I'll send you some stuff I've dug. Thanks for watching us hacks, it means a lot.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Kurt is also a member too. I recall a post in todays finds not long ago. Kurt always replies on his youtube comments so I don't see why it would be any different here.

Best way to reach Kurtis these days is to comment on a video. I'll share this post with him.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
see kurt and brad I keep telling ya, hoover boys guided detecting trips. Shut up and take my money!

I guess I should have multi-quoted on one response. Sorry TNET server. Guided trips probably wouldn't go over so well. Videos make it look like we never strike out. We strike out frequently, we just move around a lot and we wing it all the time. We are also blessed to have made some incredible friends. The best finds make it to YouTube and probably paints a false narrative that we kill it every time we go out. I for one would like to see a yearly get together of some kind, even if it ended up being a seeded hunt somewhere, I think it would be a bang-up good time to finally meet up with a ton of people who have wanted to meet & dig with us.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I should have multi-quoted on one response. Sorry TNET server. Guided trips probably wouldn't go over so well. Videos make it look like we never strike out. We strike out frequently, we just move around a lot and we wing it all the time. We are also blessed to have made some incredible friends. The best finds make it to YouTube and probably paints a false narrative that we kill it every time we go out. I for one would like to see a yearly get together of some kind, even if it ended up being a seeded hunt somewhere, I think it would be a bang-up good time to finally meet up with a ton of people who have wanted to meet & dig with us.

I think that people would just like to meet you and hunt with you guys regardless of what is found. The power of you guys on you tube is not necessarily the finds. Its the friendship and the fun you have, and the love of the sport and history that really make the videos. Like the idea of a get together of some sort, would be there in a heart beat.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those guys are too "Hollywood" for us regular diggers :occasion14:...I found that out that the second time I watched ALL of their videos and bought like 30 stickers...I think Brad went off to model for Garrett and Kurt and Bill & Bob are holding the fort down..Kurt may be mayor at this point

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those guys are too "Hollywood" for us regular diggers :occasion14:...I found that out that the second time I watched ALL of their videos and bought like 30 stickers...I think Brad went off to model for Garrett and Kurt and Bill & Bob are holding the fort down..Kurt may be mayor at this point

What the he11 hahaha! My Garrett modeling days were over in a big fat hurry.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it’s a little late but I’d love to contact them. I’m a HUGE fan it would be an honor to.

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
You know? The funny thing is that sometimes I forget that I don't actually know them.

Funny story. (Well, maybe except for Bill) (Maybe)

When I began watching The Hoover Boys, I watched a couple current, at the time, videos and thought that Bill was someone from a local group home who the guys had been taking out to hunt. Or maybe he was one of the guys' brother. It took about 10-15 videos before I realized that he was actually normal and had no handicap. It was just the way the videos portrayed him for a short period of time.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know? The funny thing is that sometimes I forget that I don't actually know them.

Funny story. (Well, maybe except for Bill) (Maybe)

When I began watching The Hoover Boys, I watched a couple current, at the time, videos and thought that Bill was someone from a local group home who the guys had been taking out to hunt. Or maybe he was one of the guys' brother. It took about 10-15 videos before I realized that he was actually normal and had no handicap. It was just the way the videos portrayed him for a short period of time.

LOL I'll let him know. Bill is a gem. I look up to him a lot.

-Brad

grayh33ford

Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say watching the Hoover boys has been a super motivator for me .. I try to metal detect almost every day and my father in law and myself started a club last year .. thanks for giving me that kick in the pants to go out and find history!

CathyAlter

Jul 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello out there - trying to contact a Hoover Boy for a story. I'm talking to you, Brad! If you're out there and see this, please email me (or have one of your Boys contact me, if that's easier) [email protected] I'm really really really hoping you'll get in touch. Cathy

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are just like the rest of us except that they find a lot more stuff.

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
The first time I was in FL on the ocean and I was hitting crummy signals, I heard Kurt's voice in my head. "Dig it all".
That 1st trip I came home with 2 rings from a confirmed shipwreck from the 1700's.

>Mr. Mario

Apr 20, 2022
NYC
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really respect the Hoover boys, they opened the doors to all the metal detectors fans.
I would like to join a metal detectors group in the metropolitan NYC area or border states of NY.
keep detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread