Cool artifacts.....

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a tool to an older gentleman today...we talked for a bit and then when I was leaving his house I saw a grindstone type rock by his front porch.

"Is that a grindstone?"

That led to more conversation and seemed I wasn't going to get back to work as soon as I thought as he invited me back in to show me his finds.

I have seen a LOT of great stuff on this forum, but this was the best I'd ever seen in person. These were all personal finds by him. Except the cache of obsidian bi-faces was found by his grandmother....cool eh?

The knife in the display is about 9 inches long and is just incredible- he found it sitting on a flat rock by the Snake river

The pendant is just awesome. I mean wow, what a find!

The clay type thing with finger impressions is strange? Ideas? The tan chert stone has a hole in it with small crystal structures. hard to see bad pics...sorry

the round slate-like thing...what is it? He wasn't sure.

I should have taken more pics as the two white knives were very nice as well....all of this was found in Idaho/ Nevada/ Oregon

Anyway thought I'd share here....thanks!

20170127_120118_resized.jpg bifaces.jpg pendant.jpg print.jpg

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW,thank you for sharing,just awesome.

OP
OP
crj1968

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are real nice and I have no idea about the finger impressions piece.

Yeah, he didn't know what to think about it either...it's pretty crazy. He invited me over to show me some more stuff. Sweet!

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool indeed...

OP
OP
crj1968

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. All look like normal types found in this area.

Normal types? Including the large knife, pendant and finger impression?

What is a blade like that called? BTW it was found in a place I have hunted.....but I was about 40 years too late.....

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know if they are found in your neck of the woods, and it's just a suggestion, but the "finger impression" piece is somewhat remindful of fossilized mud cracks....

image.jpg

OP
OP
crj1968

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like that but was found among the obsidian pieces....and my fingers fit it perfectly it's pretty odd for sure... Thx!

A harahey! Thanks for the info....

I wish they were mine but I was happy to see them in person...funny what simple conversation can lead to sometimes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread