Cool Lighter, Potentially Pre-Korean War? (Daily Haul, 6/14/2022)

Dig Dude

Greenie
Jun 9, 2022
South California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's the haul from today, found some weird stuff but also some interesting things such as this lighter which I am hoping on cleaning up.
Checked out a canyon trail then visited a playground and dug around the sand for the second half of my exploring.
Haul1.jpg

Lots of nails found in the playground, kinda concerning...

Lighter Front.jpg

This is the lighter in question, reads "KESOR 19 KOREA" on the bottom, was able to find a picture online that looks like its blue version.
Someone on Reddit suggested that items labeled purely "Korea" were likely before it was split into North and South, so there's an interesting thought.
Any advice on how to go about cleaning it is greatly appreciated, was thinking about putting it in WD-40 for a day then using a toothbrush or a type of nail to knock the dirt out of the insides.
Lighter Back.jpg
Lighter Bottom.jpg

Attachments

• Lighter Front.jpg
    Lighter Front.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 13

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Dig Dude. :hello:

Your lighter find looks as if it's been exposed to a fire, so there may not be much left to restore due to the surface damage?
Dave

OP
OP
D

Dig Dude

Greenie
Jun 9, 2022
South California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Dig Dude. :hello:

Your lighter find looks as if it's been exposed to a fire, so there may not be much left to restore due to the surface damage?
Dave
Thanks for the welcome!

True, it looks almost as if it has exploded from the inside out. I figure the least I can do is try and remove the dirt and clean it. May make for an interesting piece to display or further examine once I can safely take the screws apart!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig Dude Nice going and welcome to Treasurenet. Thank you for sharing with us

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the haul from today, found some weird stuff but also some interesting things such as this lighter which I am hoping on cleaning up.
Checked out a canyon trail then visited a playground and dug around the sand for the second half of my exploring.
View attachment 2032118

View attachment 2032119
This is the lighter in question, reads "KESOR 19 KOREA" on the bottom, was able to find a picture online that looks like its blue version.
Someone on Reddit suggested that items labeled purely "Korea" were likely before it was split into North and South, so there's an interesting thought.
Any advice on how to go about cleaning it is greatly appreciated, was thinking about putting it in WD-40 for a day then using a toothbrush or a type of nail to knock the dirt out of the insides.
View attachment 2032120 View attachment 2032121
Welcome aboard and cool find, thanks

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2032118

View attachment 2032119
Cool!!! Congrats!!

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2032118

View attachment 2032119
Very cool!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dig Dude

Greenie
Jun 9, 2022
South California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"NESOR 19 KOREA "

not Blue, This one Isn't 19 as stated Above
Just took a look at the listing and sure enough it is marked 21. Guess that means the 19 model may potentially be older?
The last pic you sent looks super similar down to the way the design has been cut into the shell. Thanks for all the help! Any idea what general year or period it could be from?
Another interesting detail is that the case states 19 on it, I wonder if it got mixed up by the owner or what since the lighter clearly states 21

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread