Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this pic today without any additional info depending size, weight, nor i got more pics other than this one. The decorated round piece is the cap of the cone shaped part.
I am completely lost what it can be.... Whatever it is it has a 19th C. look to me....
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG-20220408-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220408-WA0002.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird one. Assuming the 'cap' is the top, it looks like the base part has a push button that passes through it. Perhaps a 'pump action' spray (for perfume?).

The kind of things we really need to know are:

- Does the 'button' depress and is it spring-loaded so that it pops back?
- Does the base part unscrew and have a seal such that it could be liquid-filled and could liquid pass through to the top via a tube?
- What is that tubular-looking part sticking out from the base of the 'button' but obscured in the picture? Might it be a nozzle of some kind?
- Does the 'cap' have a notch that the unidentified tubular thing could pass through when the two parts are assembled?

Upvote 5

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first thing that popped into my mind was a Pop-Up Sprinkler head.
But on closer inspection, not so sure.
Curious as to what others might think

Upvote 1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfume atomizer would be my guess too.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Red Coat!
I guess your idea is something i can start with.
All your questions are the same i have. And i can't answer them at present. I got this pic from my Archie to help IDing with not more info as i wrote down, except that this thing is about 6 to 7 cm high/long. This could match perfume spray flacon. I try to get more pictures along with some info about the mechanism of the push button.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird one. Assuming the 'cap' is the top, it looks like the base part has a push button that passes through it. Perhaps a 'pump action' spray (for perfume?).

The kind of things we really need to know are:

- Does the 'button' depress and is it spring-loaded so that it pops back?
- Does the base part unscrew and have a seal such that it could be liquid-filled and could liquid pass through to the top via a tube?
- What is that tubular-looking part sticking out from the base of the 'button' but obscured in the picture? Might it be a nozzle of some kind?
- Does the 'cap' have a notch that the unidentified tubular thing could pass through when the two parts are assembled?
Please have a look on this....
Found at: georgianjewelry.com

Attachments

• georgianjewelry.com.jpg
    georgianjewelry.com.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 2

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please have a look on this....
Found at: georgianjewelry.com

Yes... that's the kind of thing I had in mind. Small flasks like this might be on a chatelaine or in a ladies' purse to supply perfume for personal fragrance or contain something sweet-smelling to spray on a handkerchief for use as a vinaigrette.

Upvote 2

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a perfume dispenser....people used to stink more than they do today, and city streets stank...ladies of culture would perfume their way through the odors.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some more pics today. Not sure about the Perfume dispenser now. Got a short vid too, the button on top is spring loaded and can be pressed down and comes up itself.

Attachments

• IMG-20220415-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220415-WA0008.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20220415-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220415-WA0009.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20220415-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20220415-WA0010.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20220415-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20220415-WA0011.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 1

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure this isn't an antique cigarette lighter?

The fancy perfume swinging think is used by catholic priests during mass. It was very memorable when I was taken to mass with a friend and their mom as a child. IT is lit burning smoking incense and the priest walks all around totally filling the air with smoke.

Upvote 0

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got this pic today without any additional info depending size, weight, nor i got more pics other than this one. The decorated round piece is the cap of the cone shaped part.
I am completely lost what it can be.... Whatever it is it has a 19th C. look to me....
Any ideas?
Looks like a pressure relief valve maybe off an ornate coffee brewer or samovar?

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure this isn't an antique cigarette lighter?

The fancy perfume swinging think is used by catholic priests during mass. It was very memorable when I was taken to mass with a friend and their mom as a child. IT is lit burning smoking incense and the priest walks all around totally filling the air with smoke.
I really have no clue what it could be.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pressure relief valve maybe off an ornate coffee brewer or samovar?
How did the pressure get into this thing? When the cap is on top it's completely closed except the spring loaded push button.

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got some more pics today. Not sure about the Perfume dispenser now. Got a short vid too, the button on top is spring loaded and can be pressed down and comes up itself.
The part in photo #4 seems to be made out a clay, like what would be subjected to a heated liquid/steam.
I'm not getting a perfume dispenser feel to this piece.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread