Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys! I haven’t been out much lately but decided to get out this morning for a bit. Over the years I’ve found quite a few Seminole war relics but this one is a first for me.
I decided to hit a lot I haven’t been to in a while. The most eastern side of the lot I’ve always thought was one of the dumps for the fort. My first and last signal of the day was about a foot down. While digging I pulled out some China, square nails and oyster remains. I was very surprised to pull out this 1826 pattern shoulder belt plate. The ones from the 1830s were very thin brass on a very thin portion of lead backing. These also had the iron attachment hooks. Although it’s in rough shape I was very happy to have dug it. For some reason the soldier bent the sides towards the back. Perhaps to not overlap the belt? Anyway I was so happy I put in in my pocket and left.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!
BE113CFB-EA53-4009-8C65-77E4ADDE8082.png
057551FB-0D6E-400A-A792-4CA8C7D418DF.png
3E320EF9-D3A2-453E-8193-B516CB5CC489.jpeg

Upvote 23
OP
OP
Florida Finder

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet save! What's the reference book you are using there?
Thank you! It’s oDonells and Campbells American Military Belt plates. I bought many years ago with illusions of grandeur but the truth is I’ve only found a few plates. But the book is loaded with awesome information.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I haven’t been out much lately but decided to get out this morning for a bit. Over the years I’ve found quite a few Seminole war relics but this one is a first for me.
I decided to hit a lot I haven’t been to in a while. The most eastern side of the lot I’ve always thought was one of the dumps for the fort. My first and last signal of the day was about a foot down. While digging I pulled out some China, square nails and oyster remains. I was very surprised to pull out this 1826 pattern shoulder belt plate. The ones from the 1830s were very thin brass on a very thin portion of lead backing. These also had the iron attachment hooks. Although it’s in rough shape I was very happy to have dug it. For some reason the soldier bent the sides towards the back. Perhaps to not overlap the belt? Anyway I was so happy I put in in my pocket and left.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2019318 View attachment 2019319 View attachment 2019320
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2019318 View attachment 2019319 View attachment 2019320
great save, what a cool find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread