Cool snake pics

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these pics online and thought you guys might like them. With spring just around the corner, these guys will soon be coming out. In my neck of the woods, It's usually late March early April. Copperheads blend in REAL good with dead leaves! Be safe out there guys. copperhead2.jpg copperhead1.jpg

HandsomeStranger

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperheads? No, thank you! They give me the creeps. I'll take Western Diamondbacks over copperheads, anyday, and twice on Sundays.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's like playing where's waldo,hard to see!Hate to step on a big fella like that.Last summer i was hunting some woods and came up a huge copperhead sleeping in the shade by a creek, with his head tucked on his back.I could have cut his head off pretty easy,but I do believe a little in superstition and karma.It would be my luck if i would have killed him,Then one would probably sure enough bite me in the future.Besides,those are his woods,I was just visiting.neat pictures!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't like any snakes.I hope both of us can keep a distance from each other.But nice pics.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now with rainy season flooding the lowland fields here "down south", many snakes end up dead on the secondary roads……..for sure you need to keep your eyes open as they are hard to spot…..

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
He'd been a dead snake if I'd have seen him.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I let them slide unless they are close to the house. Copper heads are the worst of all. It is a bad bite. Friend got tagged on the leg and it looked like they took an ice cream scoop to his leg and that was years later.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've Had several run ins with Indiana water moccasins / cotton mouth. Cut one day short when I had my nephews 10 year old with me. This big boy come swimming right toward our hole with 5" bullhead in its mouth. Took more than a bit to change his direction. I've heard they are aggressive but don't really know how bad the bit is. I wouldn't kill them unless I really had to. My helper decided it was time to go home after our visit. He wasn't worth a hoot trying to look over his shoulder and fed the highbanker anyway.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at least copperheads aren't aggressive, I saw one once on a trail in brown county and moved it farther from the trail

BoonvilleKid

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2014
Boonville, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Eagle Spectrum
Minelab Explorer
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We lived right on the bayou down in Louisiana. Every time I ran the weed eater along the side of the bank a big old black cottonmouth would slide off and into the water. He could have bit me a couple of time while I was down on my knees pulling grass. But, he never offered to. And, I can't say that about the rattlesnakes I've met.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread