Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had some time today to get out so I went to farm that I received permission at 2 weeks ago. I was exploring the field most of the day looking for new sites and almost went home without a thing. I eyeballed part of the field that I had not hit yet and decided to make my way there. Along the way, the typical iron started and I was eyeballing old pottery shards. This site was loaded with pottery, brick, and foundation stones. Everything from Colonial salt-glazed, redware, delftware, scratch blue, etc. were scattered through out. I spent about 2.5 hours hitting the site hard and came away with some relics and a toasted Draped Bust copper. The farmer is plowing his fields now and I also found an arrowhead last week (not pictured).

I am not sure, but the one relic looks like a piece to a musket. Maybe a trigger guard? It is brass and quite heavy. Do you Gents know what the Riker relic is?

All in all, I had a great time hunting in the Great Outdoors. We are expecting our 2nd child this year and found out today that it is going to be a Girl. What a great day! Take care, Gents!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Attachments

• April 8th Hunt 001.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 001.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 121
  • April 8th Hunt 004.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 004.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 118
  • April 8th Hunt 007.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 007.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 132
  • April 8th Hunt 015.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 015.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 135
  • April 8th Hunt 011.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 011.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 132
  • April 8th Hunt 012.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 012.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 120
  • April 8th Hunt 009.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 009.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 140
  • April 8th Hunt 026.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 026.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 137
  • April 8th Hunt 023.JPG
    April 8th Hunt 023.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 4

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
nice to see you out again Kirk , congrats on the coppa . the riker item looks
like a horse rosette , take care and say hey to your brother and Uncle for me .

Dan

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you back Kirk. I agree with leddel. Looks to be a horse bridle rosette. Great finds from what sounds like a great site.

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice to see you out again Kirk , congrats on the coppa . the riker item looks
like a horse rosette , take care and say hey to your brother and Uncle for me .

Dan

Thanks, Dan, it is good to be back. I took off last year from hunting. Other priorities in life but still great. I am actually going to hunt by myself probably. I just live too far from Chris and Kyle. Maybe an honorary hunt at times, but I have to stay close to home. Baby #2 is on the way. Can't wait!

Take care!

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see you back Kirk. I agree with leddel. Looks to be a horse bridle rosette. Great finds from what sounds like a great site.

Hey, my friend! Long time! Thanks for the comment and good to hear from you.

Kirk

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk, glad to see you out swinging again. The Riker piece is definitely a bridal rosette, but I believe it is fairly modern. Not sure about the heavy brass piece but I don't think it is off a gun. With all that pottery I am surprised there were not more buttons, etc.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Great to see another post from you again. I see you still have the Colonial touch.
Congrats on your finds, but an even bigger congrats on baby #2. You have been a busy Boy.
You're making me feel like an old man. Mine are both almost done with college now. Thank God!
Tell Kyle and Chris "hello" for me. I miss those comical posts you guys used to do. Good times.
-Doug-

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , Welcome back Kirk , and a Huge congratulations to you and your wife on the new baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great to see you getting out and posting Kirk. I really like your site, and I think you just might have an opportunity to find a trash pit there. If there's a lot of iron and pottery in the same spot you should dig a few test holes, especially if you can hit on some large, deep iron. You know I've been pushing you to do that for years, and this would be a great time to give it a try. Nice job on the copper too. And, of course, many congrats to you and the wife with the new addition on the way. Good luck and HH ..... Bill

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the others have said, great to see you out hunting and posting your finds, told you before, enjoy just getting out and seeing the beautiful countryside of Pa! Finds can be secondary at times. Congrats on being the future father of one of each! :)
Don

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
You have your first copper in a million years or so. Kevins been goading me to get my detecting bearings again so it looks like very soon we will be getting out.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't believe I logged on to Tnet in god knows how long and who do I see posting again?
Whats up Kirk? Nice job on the toasty:thumbsup:! Tell the Bro and Unc hello for me.
Guess it's time to dust off the machine and go find some Coppas.

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies, Gents. I am heading back tomorrow morning I think. I am going to work it slow now since I have an idea of the site. I will probably get permission for a new site for the weekend.

Kirk

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Kirk as said by others it is great to see you out swinging and posting again. Some real nice finds you got there. A BIG CONGRATS on the second child :occasion14:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome back! congrats to the soon to be baby girl! yep Riker made Rosettes in the 1860's or so.nice hunt!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Kirk, nice to see a post. Congrats, and keep them coming...(finds that is :laughing7:)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hiya Kirk. Congrats on a good hunt and especially on the forthcoming birth. We dads have special relationships with our daughters and even though I don't know you, I am sure she will be the pride in your life. Hope you can get back there before the crops are in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread