Copper tag from Charleston

Smilodon

Apr 4, 2011
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
I had time to go back to the construction area near my home and the dirt pile that was delivered was used to fill low lying areas and spread all over the place. It also has been raining and the area is a muddy mess. I got out and looked this morning but I did not have my detector with me and I only had my Olukia shoes. It was still raining a little but I decided to check the site out. I did get 4 old Charleston Bricks, a broken SC dispensary bottle and two small old bottles and some broken China. I did find and old copper spoon and fork and this copper tag that I believe says THE MOSAIC TILE CO. but could be wrong as it is encrusted. It also has words on the lower end but I cant really make anything out. I plan to go back if it ever stops raining but more prepared with boots, shovel and my xp deus. Does anyone have any idea what this copper tag is from and more importantly how old it is.

Attachments

• IMG_4495.JPG
    IMG_4495.JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4496.JPG
    IMG_4496.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4502.JPG
    IMG_4502.JPG
    594.5 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 8

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had time to go back to the construction area near my home and the dirt pile that was delivered was used to fill low lying areas and spread all over the place. It also has been raining and the area is a muddy mess. I got out and looked this morning but I did not have my detector with me and I only had my Olukia shoes. It was still raining a little but I decided to check the site out. I did get 4 old Charleston Bricks, a broken SC dispensary bottle and two small old bottles and some broken China. I did find and old copper spoon and fork and this copper tag that I believe says THE MOSAIC TILE CO. but could be wrong as it is encrusted. It also has words on the lower end but I cant really make anything out. I plan to go back if it ever stops raining but more prepared with boots, shovel and my xp deus. Does anyone have any idea what this copper tag is from and more importantly how old it is.
Cool!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery congratulations

Lenrac2