Copse Field Game Strip + Farmers Choice Game Strip...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of year we start scratching around for failed oil-seed rape or Bird Cover (Game Strips).
As my Bro's & his 3 young kids (all under 10) were arriving at Lunch time & wanted to do their first detecting hunt, Cru'dad & I needed a short 2 hour hunt somewhere.
We picked the game strip by the Copse & were amazed to get 20 scrappies, crude Lead Pendant & a Roman Horse Harness Fitting (at first I thought child bracelet but its too chunky & would only fit a baby). As they want to turn the maize stubble in they do a deep turn & it worked a treat. We only covered a small but previously productive area, & still have more to do.

We then took all the kids to one of our newest 1000 acre permissions on a Roman Site I named Farmer's Choice (Because had had directed us to it). It's a very low yield site & we have only had about 14 scrappies in 2 outing from the area we tried, so once again we were surprised to get 9 scrappies & a 1944 Sixpence in just 1 hour 15 mins.
The kids seem to enjoy it & one 1921 Halfpenny & a blank Geo farthing is not pictured, as the kids had them.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Upvote 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of year we start scratching around for failed oil-seed rape or Bird Cover (Game Strips).
As my Bro's & his 3 young kids (all under 10) were arriving at Lunch time & wanted to do their first detecting hunt, Cru'dad & I needed a short 2 hour hunt somewhere.
We picked the game strip by the Copse & were amazed to get 20 scrappies, crude Lead Pendant & a Roman Horse Harness Fitting (at first I thought child bracelet but its too chunky & would only fit a baby). As they want to turn the maize stubble in they do a deep turn & it worked a treat. We only covered a small but previously productive area, & still have more to do.

We then took all the kids to one of our newest 1000 acre permissions on a Roman Site I named Farmer's Choice (Because had had directed us to it). It's a very low yield site & we have only had about 14 scrappies in 2 outing from the area we tried, so once again we were surprised to get 9 scrappies & a 1944 Sixpence in just 1 hour 15 mins.
The kids seem to enjoy it & one 1921 Halfpenny & a blank Geo farthing is not pictured, as the kids had them.

View attachment 2021277 View attachment 2021278 View attachment 2021279
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you teached the next generation very well! Good luck on Copse Field after the deep turn!
We have done the most productive area after this deep turn but even in some of the lesser areas, or previous blank areas something may of turned up, so it's worth doing it all.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great Job! That looks like y’all had quite the time!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a thrill for the kids Cru'...the history they will discover in a tangible way...as usual thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread