Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to learn how to make beer tho. That would make a shtf scenario much more bearable haha. I have a couple of friends that make their own beer and they say it's super easy to do.
Any kind of alcohol would be nice now and then if there was nothing else!

Or Brandy :) 002.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIY fruit pres + water + fruit + yeast + sugar + time and you can make anything you like :) 006.JPG

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for my fruit press I prefer supermodel feet

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually sampled an MRE from WW2 about 10 years ago. Some of it had given up but most of it was like the day it made made! HORRIBLE but not spoiled. I got a pack of Lucky strikes in the bag as well. They were still as nasty as the day they were made as well.

I think the ones from WWII were called K-rations, then C-rats and MRE are the newer ones.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the ones from WWII were called K-rations, then C-rats and MRE are the newer ones.

You beat me to it. Went to basic Training at Fort Dix, NJ in 1982. Our first time out at a range they served up c-rats in an immersion heater. I got scrambled eggs and ham, green eggs to be exact but they were edible. Turned the can over and it was made in 1961, 21 years old. The John Wayne bar made it worth
it though. Later on I learned to make a Tanker Cookie, they were mighty tasty. Take the Sugar packet and empty it into the Creamer packet for your coffee, Bend down top on the Creamer and run your bic lighter along the edges of the Creamer pack for about five minutes. The sugar melts into the creamer, tasted just like a "Short Cake" cookie..... Later the MRE's came out, my favorite was the dehydrated strawberries, just ate them unhydrated like a candy bar... yummm.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dooomsday you would not want to survive all the desease the air would not be safe no doctors

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way this would be a deal...

#1. You own an underground silo.
#2. No one knows you own said silo.
#3. No one knows you bought this much food.

Heh.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want 25 years of coffee.

Good coffee.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well isn't most of us here veterans? If so you have eaten MRE's that were packaged many moons before you got them. Back in the eighties we were eating stuff from late 60's and 70's

Barely had any mre's but had a good bit of c-rats cigarettes and all, hate to think how old they were.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Checked a lot of this stuff and there is always the same problem - WAY TOO EXPENSIVE and all this companies makes a lot of money from the fear of the people and also from the prepper boom which was growing over the last years!

Just saw yesterday a new company who offers Ready to eat meals in a sealed back (one portion only!) for 22 to 40 Euros. Are they simply mad?!

It is way better you buy more from what you eat every day and and let it rotate and in addition buy seeds and learn to gardening. :headbang:

Most seeds holds for 4 to 8 years and they are not expensive. You have to rotate them just every several years so you can stock emergency food for 6 month to year and if something happens, you start gardening as soon as possible.

If someone is interested in a list how long seeds can be stored, just let me know and I translate one in english and post it here.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
ooops, just read 0,17 $ a portion.

What kind of dirt you have to eat there? :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 months worth of 25 year Patriot survival food for 2 (wife and I) and I also have enough stored can food for couple months, food is for emergencies like hurricanes or natural disasters as well as the SHTF or "zombie invasion". I wouldn't buy a year at a time, I bought mine when they were on sale and came with bonus packages of 72 hour food kits. Water isn't a big issue for me, I can always fill cans from the lake in my back yard and boil the water.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting