Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped for four nights this week at Cottonwood Campground west of Buena Vista. Usually not crowded but filled up by Thursday afternoon with more front rangers circling. Went up on Cottonwood Pass Saturday and had the whole place to myself to hike around. Probably cause it was 38 degrees, windy, and rain changing to snow. Got entirely too close to a couple of moose one morning. Pretty dense woods and hard to see. I'm backing up and trying to get a pic, so it ain't that great a pic. We all parted still friends. Fishing is free this weekend in Colorado. It could be free all the time at Cottonwood Lake no better than it is.

Attachments

• 6-4zz.jpg
    6-4zz.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 6-5uu.jpg
    6-5uu.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 6-5vv.jpg
    6-5vv.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 6-6xxx.jpg
    6-6xxx.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 6-6zzz.jpg
    6-6zzz.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 42

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing a little treasure hunting I see. I bet it was nice and quiet. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing a little treasure hunting I see. I bet it was nice and quiet. Thanks for sharing.
One thing I'm interested in south of BV there Backwoodsbob, and looked that country over again.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful high country...love it!

Watch out for Mama Moose though...she'll stomp yer
carcass right into the ground just because she doesn't like
your looks.. moose.gif

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that cold weather was moving in when I went over the top about 6pm last Friday. It's nice to see that road paved after all the years of talking about it. All the dust that was kicked up on the old unpaved road got pretty bad. Maybe I'll campout up there when I do my trips to Ouray, now that they're back to mining again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread