Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 4 nights down here this week. Weather's still a little cool here in the high country. Rained every afternoon on me except Thursday. Did good on fishing, limited out (4 rainbows) every day in a very short time. Didn't see any bears or mountain lions, but lots of moose here.
6-5yy.jpg
6-6bbbb.jpg
6-8bbbb.jpg
6-8dddd.jpg
6-8aaaa.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few times fishing at Cottonwood with two friends of mine back 40 + years ago now. Years later got a letter from one with a return address to the federal prison in Canon City and oddly the other I saw pulled into a gas station in Laramie, Wyoming in the early 2000s. They're paths sure took a different direction after that meth epidemic of the 1990s swept though the upper Arkansas Valley back then. Tragic it was after the jobs all went away up there. Tourism has definitely revived the situation up there now it seems and I'm sure it'll be that way now for evermore.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah tell me about tourism. I try to keep that in perspective and not complain, cause those Texans have just paid for the 4th new truck I've been able to buy. Thank you tourists. Now learn how to drive in a roundabout. (We hate those too.)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah tell me about tourism. I try to keep that in perspective and not complain, cause those Texans have just paid for the 4th new truck I've been able to buy. Thank you tourists. Now learn how to drive in a roundabout. (We hate those too.)
They put roundabouts in Elko Nevada maybe ten years ago now and it was an uproar. I will tell you though I never stop for gas or to get anything to eat in Rifle, Eagle, Vail and Frisco, because of the precarious situation of busy roundabout in those towns. There are rules to them, but it seems so many more break the rules of a roundabout than they ever did running red lights.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get in Frisco without a problem, TR. There is one on the north side of town when you get off I-70 at the first Frisco exit, and never a problem, and none if you come in from the west side exit. It's when you get south of Main Street towards Breck the roundabout fun begins. New one every year, seems like. Most of us locals kinda sorta got em figured out. The problem with the first Frisco exit west bound is sometimes traffic will back up for a mile tryin to exit. Not a problem for long, as CDOT has been lookin into fixin that for us, haha! Those other towns, I'm with you, just drive on by.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get in Frisco without a problem, TR. There is one on the north side of town when you get off I-70 at the first Frisco exit, and never a problem, and none if you come in from the west side exit. It's when you get south of Main Street towards Breck the roundabout fun begins. New one every year, seems like. Most of us locals kinda sorta got em figured out. The problem with the first Frisco exit west bound is sometimes traffic will back up for a mile tryin to exit. Not a problem for long, as CDOT has been lookin into fixin that for us, haha! Those other towns, I'm with you, just drive on by.
Oh yeah. Frisco is still get on and get off. Dang Rifle went and created one roundabout after the next.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread